Thread: 0411 tuning in tunerpro

Fuel Injected!

0411 tuning in tunerpro

Ok I finally have a way to flash in tunes made from tunerpro. Very excited. Big thanks to Pete over at ls1tech.

Now my questions are,
    1. Is it possible to make xdfs that can adjust max kpa? Or is this an o.s. thing.
    2. if it is o.s. related and I'm assume it is, is there a 2 bar os out there?

3. Does anyone have an unlocked xdf to poke around in to see how they're made?

Thanks in advance

Fuel Injected!
    Xdfs just define what is already in the bin. So you can`t add new features simply by creating an xdf.
    Pcm sees 0-5v from the map sensor. If the map sensor is set for 2 bar you will get half the resolution of 1 bar map sensor at the pcm. A different conversion is needed on the pcm side and maybe scaling of existing tables or adding new tables.

Your best bet is to score a 2bar COS bin and work from there. I think there is a xdf floating around already made for that COS.

These are the only ones I have found and are unlocked.
    I see no reason why people lock xdfs. It only hinders other people adding new stuff and developing xdfs for other OSs. It is only a matter of changing tables and scalars addresses.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the answers. And the xdfs. Do you know if the 2 bar cos is on this site or another, ive been looking but haven't found one.

Fuel Injected!
    As far as I'm aware, any 2-bar or 3-bar custom OS will be a pirated HP Tuners or EFI-Live OS.

But if anyone has created a freeware custom OS, I'd love to know about it.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm on the lookout for one. Also got a coding guy working on helping me make one.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosted 3gen View Post
    I'm on the lookout for one. Also got a coding guy working on helping me make one.
    If your coding guy wants a collaborator, my email address is NSFW, outlook, com.

I haven't been making any changes to the OS yet, yet but I have been doing some reverse engineering:

https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/12593358

Fuel Injected!
    Not much to say what it is, or where it come from. I downloaded it years ago and have no idea what it is by now. It is almost identical to the stock L59 file.
    I am almost sure it is patched version of the stock L59.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    NSFW I will ask him, I know i already downloaded the PCMHammer form there. One question he had was where to locate the bootloader. im looking at the raw code from the bdm, still rapping my head around stuff. and just comparing bins in tunerpro I've noticed that the 8322 os and 5074 os with the cos3 xdf match a lot beside the things you would expect to very ve tables, timing, and maf, because my 8322 is calibrated to a 6.0 and the 5074 is a 5.7.

But anyway i can help i will i would have never been able to flash my truck without guys like you and peteS.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    Not much to say what it is, or where it come from. I downloaded it years ago and have no idea what it is by now. It is almost identical to the stock L59 file.
    I am almost sure it is patched version of the stock L59.
    this bin is odd i've always seen them 512KB Is something missing

Fuel Injected!
    It is for 1mb pcm by the year of it 2004. So it might be a newer version.

Fuel Injected!
    So went through the 8322 os in tunerpro compared to the 5074 holden. Its matches pretty close. the B.E. table wasn't populated, neither was the boost timing. So I added them just to have an idea of what is changing in the flash. Also checked it in efilive got all green checks. Stayed 512kb too. So does that mean the tables were there to begin with.

My question now is will it work. I'm assuming not since the os doesn't know what to do with the tables. I might load it up and see if it runs.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosted 3gen View Post
    NSFW I will ask him, I know i already downloaded the PCMHammer form there. One question he had was where to locate the bootloader. im looking at the raw code from the bdm, still rapping my head around stuff. and just comparing bins in tunerpro I've noticed that the 8322 os and 5074 os with the cos3 xdf match a lot beside the things you would expect to very ve tables, timing, and maf, because my 8322 is calibrated to a 6.0 and the 5074 is a 5.7.

But anyway i can help i will i would have never been able to flash my truck without guys like you and peteS.
    If you mean the bootloader in the binary file you got from the BDM... The first four bytes are the initial stack pointer, and the next four bytes are where executions starts. Jump to that address in IDA and press C to start disassembling.

Or go here for a head start with a P01 operating system:

Or here for P59, but I've barely even started on this one:
    https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/12592425

But if you mean the kernel that the app uses to reflash, it's not open source yet. Long story. It will be eventually though.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    If you mean the bootloader in the binary file you got from the BDM... The first four bytes are the initial stack pointer, and the next four bytes are where executions starts. Jump to that address in IDA and press C to start disassembling.

Or go here for a head start with a P01 operating system:

Or here for P59, but I've barely even started on this one:
    https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/12592425

But if you mean the kernel that the app uses to reflash, it's not open source yet. Long story. It will be eventually though.
    Ok thanks. I have the 68 disassembler downloaded but never used it. And I'm patiently wait for your flash kennel. Thanks for the links too. I'll check them out and if I get some custom o.s.'s going I'll let you know.

Fuel Injected!
    Would someone with more knowledge of binsCOS3.binCOS 3 - 1290003 - 512Kb PCM - based on 12225074 - 2001 to 2004 Holden model years (1).xdf look at this xdf and bin C.O.S 3? i think its missing the calibration, but im not trusting my judgement yet.

Carb and Points!
    bump! would like to see an OS for boost, or a way to rescale ve table for above 100kpa