Thread: Which tables for cold start?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    My open loop afr table is not stock. I had to enrichen some because I was too lean.. My tune isn't perfect but the last 400 mile round trip I made in my Jeep, I got 19.5 mpg running 60-65 mph on the road and the M38A1 (cj5) is not exactly aerodynamic. I am running the Edelbrock Victor JR 2v Sportsman intake with EQ heads. I have the 1.6875 bore tbi (standard sbc size) and I start going into a vacuum after 4000 rpm. At 6000, my map reading is about 80kpa at WOT. You will have to just play with the values until you get it where you want it. As for a lean pop on cold throttle, the AE settings are easily overshot. I also run 61pph injectors at close to 30 psi. Im a little rich at idle but the pcm compensates decently. You were surprised at the settings difference between the 4L80 bin and mine. Now compare it to some of the CPI bins for the blazers and also look at say a 454 tbi bin like BMHK. Lots of tables that seem fudged just to get GM's desired effect.
    Right, I noticed that you richened it up a little bit. I will try either that table as you set it, or, the even leaner table from the BJYL $0D bin..... Either way, it will be way leaner than the table I've been dealing with from that stock 350 4L80 bin.... My buddy has a CJ2A, a '46... He got it for $25 I think.... Pretty rusty, but still way cool.

Yeah I just don't get why GM set up that 350 4L80 bin (whatever the BCC is) to be so rich in cold temps, or rich everywhere for that matter. But like you said, likely they fudged the tables to get wherever it was they were going.......

Quote Originally Posted by brian617 View Post
    This thread is bringing back a lot of my own early problems LOL.

When running higher pressures on the injectors AE (TPS and MAP) will have to be reduced quite a bit, or did in my case. If the duration of the pulse width during AE is the same high pressure vs low pressure, quite a bit more fuel is being injected at the same PW. Of course this depends on engine combos, intake manifolds etc.

Also -40* Celsius is not likely in Oklahoma
    Suffering builds character right :) Brian, will you post your tune also when you get a chance please?? You're right, -40*C isn't likely here, but -21*C is possible. A couple years ago we had one night where it got down to -7*F..... I hate the cold.... Give me 100+*F any day thankyou very much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeeZ View Post
    Suffering builds character right :) Brian, will you post your tune also when you get a chance please?? You're right, -40*C isn't likely here, but -21*C is possible. A couple years ago we had one night where it got down to -7*F..... I hate the cold.... Give me 100+*F any day thankyou very much lol.
    I'll try to remember to email my .bin to work so I can post it for you. It is based on a BJDR .bin.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto