Thread: tuning for modded l35 checking before i do it lol

Fuel Injected!

tuning for modded l35 checking before i do it lol

Hi all, finally have the definitions working so can now log current setup , I knnow I will need an eprom burner to do this but checking I'm on the right track so far as completely new to this.

so the engine is the 95 cpi w motor originally but now fitted 96 vortec heads and marine intake with seperate injectors . it runs rich and underpowered but does run so my thinking is that as its batch firing the new injectors first change would be inj rate in cpi fueling scaler as now uning 24lb injectors and as cpi was one injector to 6 poppets thought it would be as simple as 24x6 and entering that value? adjustable fpr was used to get running and is 3bar atm .

other thought was that vortec heads use different timing curve to cpi and currently mines set at 0 base timing with tan wire disconnected and runs smooth but underpowered , if I advance it runs better but wont run in drive it just dies but runs and revs great in park , as it it is it runs smooth in all areas just seems very underpowered and mpg is shocking so know its overfueling . so asking if spark table from later ecu would work as found some on here but think they were v8 not v6 and will any changes be needed as I dont run maf sensor on the 95 , oh egr is deleted and need to disable that but thats obvious lol and still using stock distributer (hei type)

Thanks

any advice appreciated
    Gary
    Gary

Administrator
    The poppet injectors were 19 lbs/hr IIRC. if your new injectors are 24 lbs you will need to adjust the injector size in the chip.

Did you retain the '95 cam? the '96 cam is smaller and you will notice the difference in your butt dyno.

This thread may help with the timing questions:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-262-4-3l-S-10

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks that's what I thoughtyeah I kept the 95 cam as knew it was the better of the two , thanks