Thread: Hi

Carb and Points!

Hi

Thx for the add, hoping to get a lot of info on my 1987 gmc high Sierra tbi 5.7. Has anyone tried the Edelbrock tbi heads, 3702 cam and intake? Looking to get the most out of my tbi!
    Last edited by 87gmcR1500; 02-03-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Welcome, there's a lot of good info in this forum.
    I'm in the process of tuning my ECM after "pumping up my 88 C1500 5.7. I went with the Summit Racing (Trick Flow) heads, they're about 1/2 price of the Edelbrock and have a CARB #. My Lunati 10120700LK cam is a little stiffer than the 3702 but doesn't have a CARB # so, if you're in CA you may not be able to use it...

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...18467%2B400304

https://www.summitracing.com/search?...ord=10120700LK

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayingWithTBI View Post
    Welcome, there's a lot of good info in this forum.
    I'm in the process of tuning my ECM after "pumping up my 88 C1500 5.7. I went with the Summit Racing (Trick Flow) heads, they're about 1/2 price of the Edelbrock and have a CARB #. My Lunati 10120700LK cam is a little stiffer than the 3702 but doesn't have a CARB # so, if you're in CA you may not be able to use it...

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...18467%2B400304

https://www.summitracing.com/search?...ord=10120700LK
    Even if you are in CA they have no way of knowing what cam is in your engine. Keep the overlap in check and you should be able to dial in the engine well enough to pass CA tail pipe smog check fairly easily.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Even if you are in CA they have no way of knowing what cam is in your engine. Keep the overlap in check and you should be able to dial in the engine well enough to pass CA tail pipe smog check fairly easily.
    I live in AZ and I’m more concern on finding a tune for the tbi and max hp/tq staying emission legal?

TunerPro RT software and a laptop are good tools to for "Tuning"

dave w

You're exactly right, I printed the CARB Executive Orders for the 3702 cam and put it in my glove box along with the "legal" ones, LMAO! "Don't do as I say..."

I live in AZ and I’m more concern on finding a tune for the tbi and max hp/tq staying emission legal?
    I live in AZ too,on the west side, where are you located?

TunerPro RT software and a laptop are good tools to for "Tuning"
    I'm just learning how to manipulate the tuning tables but, TunerPro RT is probably the most powerful diagnostic tool for the price.

Carb and Points!
    You're exactly right, I printed the CARB Executive Orders for the 3702 cam and put it in my glove box along with the "legal" ones, LMAO! "Don't do as I say..."

I live in AZ too,on the west side, where are you located?

I'm just learning how to manipulate the tuning tables but, TunerPro RT is probably the most powerful diagnostic tool for the price.
    I’m located in Tucson

Fuel Injected!
    I might know somebody that put a Holley spreadbore double pumper carbureted Vortec through an OBD2 test twice and nobody was the wiser. The engine is completely burried under the firewall and hidden behind a coolant overflow bottle and air filter assembly, ALL the monitors came back ready and it ran so well nobody was the wiser