Thread: GMC TopKick VSSB DRAC "Reprogramming"

Carb and Points!

GMC TopKick VSSB DRAC "Reprogramming"

Hi guys. I have a 1993 GMC TopKick C6000 with a 366 gasoline engine. It was a low-pro truck with the 19.5" wheels, and I not only put 22.5" wheels on it, but I changed the rear gears from 4.63 to 3.36. Needless to say, the speedometer is way off. Now I understand the "conventional" older vssb/drac where you replace the jumpers with dip switches, but this vssb/drac is completely different. The harness connector is different and there are no jumpers. It looks like it's just a bunch of resistors. Im not seeing any way to access it through the computer, and Im told that this is a heavy duty (c4000 and up) vssb. I've done quite a bit of homework on this topic and cant seem to find much at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those resistors are probably fuses. Take a VOM and measure each one. I'd bet some are open ( or high resistance compared to others because they are in circuit).

HTH,
    Brian

Carb and Points!
    Ok. Thanks. Ill have to play with them. I have an extremely odd driveline configuration.

Carb and Points!
    Hi, I also have the same truck as you! I'm working on converting mine into an RV. I was wondering if you know what I can use to do some data logging with this engine. What software can I use. I'm not interested in tuning at this this point, just data logging to sort out some knock sensor and other trouble codes. any suggestions would be great! thank you, Dan