Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need help tuning my calibration on a 0411 with road runner emulator using TunerCat.

Fuel Injected!
    Any chance VATS got enabled somehow?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by NISANDA View Post
    Just disconect the Maf and its should automatically start using the Map.
    Ok, thank you! will try to adjust the fueling this way and then just plug back in the MAF.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Any chance VATS got enabled somehow?
    I doubt it, checked the calibration, the error on VATS is turned off, i attach the screen shot and my calibration file.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, if no other advice, i will be dancing with the tambourine around my truck this weekend, will report on the results...

Fuel Injected!
    Hey evryone,

So, I have been dancing with the tambourine around my truck today, and found a few problems that I had, due to which I got OBD2 with scanXL not connecting to the interface and ECM. And the second problem, why the truck would just start rev and die on me at a certain rpm.

1. The ScanXL - I had both the pin 4 (ground) and pin 5 (Low Bus -) connected to the ground from ECM (to Low Bus-). As soon as I connected the pin 4 from OBD2 to ground mass of the chassis, the ScanXL got connected and started reading and logging.

2. The rev up to a certain RPM and shut off - I found that on top of the plastic manifold I had the vacuum hole opened somehow, since I have the brake booster swapped to hydraulic one, I have shut the vacuum tube (closed it), well the tube connector unplugged, so I had a vacuum leak, vacuum hole I would say. As soon as I have reconnected it back, the truck started running again.

But I still didn`t get it to idle without accelerating.

So here are the log files that I have took of starting the engine and idling with accelerator pedal involved. The name off the log file contains the used cal file setting and the MAF connected and disconnected.

a. I used the Express Val cal file with updated settings from Fast355 BIGCAM excel file and MAF connected.

b. And I used the NISANDA`s cal file with changes he made for me to run my cam, one log with MAF on, other with MAF connector off (in MAP only) which made the truck work very stable, but no idle and startup without accelerating. And log with MAF reconnected again.

Fast355 since you are using scanXL could you please have a look at my log files, I will be studying them as well to try and figure them out, but you have a lot of experience and I’m sure will see what is happening straight away. All logs are taken with the truck in key off position, and then started using accelerator pedal.

I as well attach the both calibration files i used.

Sincerely,

thank you.

Sorry didn`t notice, the log files were not loaded, had to zip them to load here...
    Last edited by Aksl; 02-03-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Fast355, sorry for bothering, i wonder, could you please share your ScanXL config file please?

With set up (configured) tables and graphics that you use..

Sincerely.
    Last edited by Aksl; 02-10-2019 at 06:33 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Fast355, if you have a minute to help me setup scanxl config or share your knowledge on pid's you use to config map tables in order to see and analyze what changes to make to the tune file, i am a bit lost here. Thank you

Fuel Injected!
    Hi everyone, well unfortunately i,m totaly stuck with my project. I have downloaded a few programs for logging, tried to log and record it, did alot ot reading, and from what i understood is that i have to create and set my own PID for tables in logging software to have identical format info in tables as my tunercat, to make correct changes in tables/figures. Unfortunately i cant figure how to set the correct pids, and couldnt get any support from scanxl company or enter their forum, not much info in the net, hopefully I didn't buy scanxl, found a patched version, otherwise it would be a disaster, spending 150bucks and no result and support.
    If any one could advice a logging software with dissent faq instructions and support, i would really appreciate it.
    I got hptuner from a friend to use vcm scanner but it cant detect the obd protocol, may be because my EBCM is not connected, or may be due to roadrunner installed, so i'm really stuck in one place...(((
    Last edited by Aksl; 03-25-2019 at 08:52 PM.

what parameter IDs are you trying to log?

Fuel Injected!
    I'm trying to log the VE, Spark advance/retard, stft, ltft.. I'm running rich, have bad startup and no cold idling (where the truck runs at higher rpm until warms up a little), can't start not touching the accelerator..((
    Last edited by Aksl; 03-25-2019 at 11:44 PM.