Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help tuning my calibration on a 0411 with road runner emulator using TunerCat.

Fuel Injected!
    As for your VE table concern, I reversed the equation provided by Tunercats and added it in this new version of the spreadsheet. VE numbers are at the bottom.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aksl View Post
    Ow, ok, thank you for corrections, i will swap the values in IDLE RPM table with AC on/of for P/N to In gear and vice versa, thank you!

Trying to convert right now the % values to gm/cyl/sec for VE & Crank VE tables..
    The crank VE tables look normal format to me from your screenshot. To my knowledge the 0411 does not use a crank pulsewidth table. With big cams I always add some extra startup fuel in the low rpm, high map cranking area to get more crank fuel the first few turns.

I have already converted your VE tables in the spreadsheet and reposted it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    The crank VE tables look normal format to me from your screenshot. To my knowledge the 0411 does not use a crank pulsewidth table. With big cams I always add some extra startup fuel in the low rpm, high map cranking area to get more crank fuel the first few turns.

Thank you very much Fast355, appreciate your help and guidance!

Sincerely!

Fuel Injected!
    What are you using for datalogging your setup?

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you very much Fast355, appreciate your help and guidance!

Sincerely!
    No problem. I guess I just try to pay it forward the best I can. I had alot of help and guidance from numerous people 16 years ago when I first started tuning. I always try to return that generosity.

Fuel Injected!

Concerning Crank VE, i have this file downloaded from HPtunner forum, that converts the VE to crank VE, may be you will find it usefull..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    No problem. I guess I just try to pay it forward the best I can. I had alot of help and guidance from numerous people 16 years ago when I first started tuning. I always try to return that generosity.
    Wow 16 years experience, i gues i`m very lucky that you have run in to my thread. It is really good and right thing to share your knowledge, personaly i do as well share my experiance with everyone, if evryone would do that, we woul all have been riding on water instead of gas and probably flying, instead of feeding parasites...

Fuel Injected!
    Wow 16 years experience, i gues i`m very lucky that you have run in to my thread. It is really good and right thing to share your knowledge, personaly i do as well share my experiance with everyone, if evryone would do that, we woul all have been riding on water instead of gas and probably flying, instead of feeding parasites...
    Not trying to brag at all but I have tuned many platforms and I try to learn more all the time.

GM CCC Q-Jet
    GM TBI
    GM TPI
    GM LT1
    GM Vortec
    GM LS
    JTEC & NGC Dodge
    Nissan/Infiniti OBD2
    Ford OBD1
    Ford OBD2

Fuel Injected!
    What are you using for datalogging your setup?
    Missed out your question, for data logging i`m using chineese Tech II, but thinking of going to ELM 327 USB addapter with ScanMaster ELM 2.1 software...

Becouse i can not write a file with the Tech II, and as well every time i shut the ignition and then start carnking the engine the tech II shuts of and i have to start it and choose a vehicle information again..

and with ScanMaster ELM 2.1 i should be able to log the startup of the engine and as well save the logging onfo to excel shit, to analyse later on.

What would you recomend for logging?

Fuel Injected!
    Not trying to brag at all but I have tuned many platforms and I try to learn more all the time.

GM CCC Q-Jet
    GM TBI
    GM TPI
    GM LT1
    GM Vortec
    GM LS
    JTEC & NGC Dodge
    Nissan/Infiniti OBD2
    Ford OBD1
    Ford OBD2
    Well, thats a hell of a list of engine gens..., i have only downloaded & uploaded calibration files to cars like smart fortwo brabus calibration, WV Tiguan, TLC200, Nissan NP300, and a few more, and some bikes. I`m really just starting to open up a calibration and trying to learn to edit it, analyse and upgrade. I would like to learn making a calibration from scrap. But for now Just first steps in this world with my own truck project..

Thank you for beeng so nice and helpfull!!!

Fuel Injected!
    Missed out your question, for data logging i`m using chineese Tech II, but thinking of going to ELM 327 USB addapter with ScanMaster ELM 2.1 software...

Becouse i can not write a file with the Tech II, and as well every time i shut the ignition and then start carnking the engine the tech II shuts of and i have to start it and choose a vehicle information again..

and with ScanMaster ELM 2.1 i should be able to log the startup of the engine and as well save the logging onfo to excel shit, to analyse later on.

What would you recomend for logging?
    I used ScanXL Pro on my Dodge.

https://www.palmerperformance.com/st...products_id=36

What I like about ScanXL is the ability it has to make history tables and really get in depth with data analysis within the software itself.
    Last edited by Fast355; 01-24-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I used ScanXL Pro on my Dodge.

https://www.palmerperformance.com/st...products_id=36

What I like about ScanXL is the ability it has to make history tables and really get in depth with data analysis within the software itself.
    I see, i will consider it, will watch some youtube and read about it, thank you, may be I will just buy that. As i understood, i can simply use an ELM327 ODB II wire with it? Is that so?

I prefer cable adapters, they are more stable.

GM CCC Q-Jet
    GM TBI
    GM TPI
    GM LT1
    GM Vortec
    GM LS
    JTEC & NGC Dodge
    Nissan/Infiniti OBD2
    Ford OBD1
    Ford OBD2
    Fast355 - I see you have tuned Nissan/Infiniti OBD2, have you ever messed with a 2002 Q45 4.5L V8? Mine won't idle under 1300RPM any more. I don't want to step on this thread, maybe I should start a new one?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayingWithTBI View Post
    Fast355 - I see you have tuned Nissan/Infiniti OBD2, have you ever messed with a 2002 Q45 4.5L V8? Mine won't idle under 1300RPM any more. I don't want to step on this thread, maybe I should start a new one?
    Hello PlayingWithTBI, " I don't want to step on this thread, maybe I should start a new one?" - As you wish, but personaly i don`t mind you using this my thread, as long as it give you help & result!

I won`t be any help thaw..

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayingWithTBI View Post
    When you say it won't idle under 1,300 rpm, do you mean it idles high when warm or it stalls if the rpm drops under 1,300?

The closest I have played with to that setup was my 2011 M56S.
    Last edited by Fast355; 01-24-2019 at 01:43 AM.