Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help tuning my calibration on a 0411 with road runner emulator using TunerCat.

Thanks Aksl

Fast355, sorry for the confusion, it idles at 1300 and won't go below. I've changed the TB with a used one, a new PCV valve, sprayed contact cleaner all over, nothing. My son checked the codes and, aside from the both banks cats codes which I've had for some time, it says TB position (or something like that).

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayingWithTBI View Post
    Thanks Aksl

Fast355, sorry for the confusion, it idles at 1300 and won't go below. I've changed the TB with a used one, a new PCV valve, sprayed contact cleaner all over, nothing. My son checked the codes and, aside from the both banks cats codes which I've had for some time, it says TB position (or something like that).
    If you can get the actual code I can probably pull the vehicle specific Nissan diagnostic procedure for that code from Infiniti Assist software at work.

Thanks, it'll be a couple days...

Fuel Injected!
    Aksl, im NISANDA the one that send you the file, and its from a Silverado 2001 with the 5.7 vortec not a Express Van, in mexico there made 5.7s with the gen3 411 PCMs.

The file i send you its all parameters Stock (air,fuel,timming etc) except for Vats delete, Rear 02, EGR, EVAP,Cats and air pump delete. (the basic for start up swap).

This file i attach its basically the same but with idle adjustment to get you closer to you cam, some timming added and some more parameters adjusted to get you closer, try it and do a compare with the stock base file to see what i tweak in it.

Hope it helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by NISANDA View Post
    Aksl, im NISANDA the one that send you the file, and its from a Silverado 2001 with the 5.7 vortec not a Express Van, in mexico there made 5.7s with the gen3 411 PCMs.

The file i send you its all parameters Stock (air,fuel,timming etc) except for Vats delete, Rear 02, EGR, EVAP,Cats and air pump delete. (the basic for start up swap).

This file i attach its basically the same but with idle adjustment to get you closer to you cam, some timming added and some more parameters adjusted to get you closer, try it and do a compare with the stock base file to see what i tweak in it.

Hope it helps.
    Hello NISANDA, it is nice to hear from you again, thank you for the .cal file you have provided me earlier, and great thank you for the update, really appreciate!
    I will compare the files today, to see and learn the difference, i will as well be going to my truck today, and going to test it, will try uploading the updated .cal files, will see yours, and as well will compare the .cal that i have udated with Fast355's help...

Thank you very much for your help!

Sincerely!
    Last edited by Aksl; 01-24-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    What cables are you guys using for data logging, is there any special feature, or chip, or is it just with support for "J1850 VPW" standard and thats all?

Fuel Injected!
    I will be going to my truck today, will try to upload the newly made .cal files i have, and will report up on the result tonight. It`s -20șC today, but with pedal applied by ± 20% the truck starts no problem at even lower tempreture.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello everyone, so i have been to my track today, unfortunately it is parked a bit away from my home, and is parked outside. So it is a bit challenging to work on it every time, not always I’m able to get it in the garage, because most of the times the garage is busy, working on other cars, but anyway, i only could get a few turns and startups of the engine with new uploaded calibrations, because battery died, so i putted it to charge and will go again one of the next few days, and will report.

From these few startups i have done today, well, i uploaded NISANDA`s .cal, it started up with me applying the pedal a bit, couldn`t hold idle by itself, but from what i noticed it didn`t work very stable even applying the gas pedal, it cranked and misfired a bit, and there was no stability during idling, on both .cal`s the updated by NISANDA, and the NISANDA`s file i have been updating with help of FAST355. In fact it worked more stable with the other .cal i have in the beginning of the thread. And FAST355 was absolutely correct, i have remembered where i got that startup .cal file from, it is the "02 ExpressVan 5.7 4L60 DBC stock .cal" that i have downloaded from this thread : http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ibration-Files, #4 message by Lextech, it is the stock 02 Express Van 5.7 4L60 base calibration. So i guess i will have to work with that calibration since it has more stable idling. I tried to compare the calibrations of Lextech stock 02 Express Van 5.7 4L60 base .cal, and NISANDA`s, but TunerCat brings a message that the files are different and can`t be compared.

I have got the scanXL with ELM327 wire now, so i will do some logging next time i go to work on my truck, unfortunately could not do that today due to battery that died on me, will do the logging with all .cal files i have. Hope that will bring some understanding of what is happening with the engine while being fired up idling with each of .cal files i have, hope you guys can give me a hand and help me to analyze the logs and .cal files, to understand where the changes are needed to be made.

Last edited by Aksl; 01-24-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aksl View Post
    Hello everyone, so i have been to my track today, unfortunately it is parked a bit away from my home, and is parked outside. So it is a bit challenging to work on it every time, not always I’m able to get it in the garage, because most of the times the garage is busy, working on other cars, but anyway, i only could get a few turns and startups of the engine with new uploaded calibrations, because battery died, so i putted it to charge and will go again one of the next few days, and will report.

From these few startups i have done today, well, i uploaded NISANDA`s .cal, it started up with me applying the pedal a bit, couldn`t hold idle by itself, but from what i noticed it didn`t work very stable even applying the gas pedal, it cranked and misfired a bit, and there was no stability during idling, on both .cal`s the updated by NISANDA, and the NISANDA`s file i have been updating with help of FAST355. In fact it worked more stable with the other .cal i have in the beginning of the thread. And FAST355 was absolutely correct, i have remembered where i got that startup .cal file from, it is the "02 ExpressVan 5.7 4L60 DBC stock .cal" that i have downloaded from this thread : http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ibration-Files, #4 message by Lextech, it is the stock 02 Express Van 5.7 4L60 base calibration. So i guess i will have to work with that calibration since it has more stable idling. I tried to compare the calibrations of Lextech stock 02 Express Van 5.7 4L60 base .cal, and NISANDA`s, but TunerCat brings a message that the files are different and can`t be compared.

I have got the scanXL with ELM327 wire now, so i will do some logging next time i go to work on my truck, unfortunately could not do that today due to battery that died on me, will do the logging with all .cal files i have. Hope that will bring some understanding of what is happening with the engine while being fired up idling with each of .cal files i have, hope you guys can give me a hand and help me to analyze the logs and .cal files, to understand where the changes are needed to be made.

I bet the Mexico truck uses the 85mm LS MAF. Do a comparison between the two. Update the MAF frequency vs flow table to the Vortec van one.

I do not see how more airflow, more idle speed and more timing around idle would not have a positive effect.
    Last edited by Fast355; 01-25-2019 at 04:01 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you Fast355, since i can not do a comparison in TunerCat, but hopefully TunerCat let`s you print data to .txt or via printer settings to .pdf and compare it, i will compare all tables between the Mexican Truck calibration & Express Van, and will report.

Sincerely.

Fuel Injected!
    The file i send you, its has NO fuel adjusment at all, just idle and timming you have to do the fuel, and it uses the same delphi maf same as a 5.3 LM7 Ls engine, calibrated diferently (Stock) for the 5.7 liter air flow, unplug the Maf soo it convert to MAP and see how it work, (you need to adjust fueling regarles).

Fuel Injected!
    I have saved the both calibrations in PDF and transformed to Exel sheet, made comaparison as pdf files, and manualy whent through all of the tables transfered to excel files and copied out the tables and parameters where both calibrations have difference. They both have quit a few differences in calibrations.
    In the attachement i post everything i have done to compare, the pdf with comparison, the excel`s (they are a bit hard to go through and only possible to compare manualy, since while transformation they ended up as tables on different sheets.) and my manualy made file where i copied all of the differences from the two calibration files for a better view.(most of the parameters and tables are the same, butstill some are different:

Tables:
    - Fuel Gauge Sender Output %PWM Vs. % Fuel Level
    - Primary Fuel Level Vs Fuel Gauge Sender A/D Counts
    - Installed Options Matrix Vs. Platform Type
    - Tip-In Max Delta Torque Vs. Gear (the Express Van .cal doesnt have this table at all)
    - Prime Pulse Fuel Mass Vs. Coolant Temp.
    - Normal Crank Fuel/Air Eq. Ratio Vs. Cool. Temp. Vs. Time
    - Rich/Lean O2 Volts (mv) Threshold Vs. Air Flow Mode Vs. Bank
    - MAF Sensor Air Flow Vs. Output Frequency (Cont.)
    - Fuel Pressure Correction Factor Vs. Battery Voltage
    - MAF Sensor Air Flow Vs. Output Frequency
    - Park-Drive Open Loop Equiv. Ratio Decay Multiplier Vs. ECT
    - Open Loop Equiv. Ratio Decay Multiplier Vs. ECT
    - Park-Drive Open Loop Equiv. Ratio Correction Vs. ECT
    - Open Loop Equiv. Ratio Correction Vs. ECT
    - Main Volumetric Efficiency Vs. RPM Vs. MAP (Cont.)
    - Main Volumetric Efficiency Vs. RPM Vs. MAP
    - Main Volumetric Efficiency Vs. RPM Vs. MAP (Cont.)

And as well constant parameters (but those are easyer to check in PDF comparison):

- Idle Control Parameters
    - Spark Parameters
    - Diagnostic Parameters
    - Transmission Parameters
    - Fuel Parameters
    - Auxiliary Output Diagnostics
    - Auxiliary Input Diagnostics (Cont.)
    - Emissions Control Diagnostics

Very time-consuming process, but good for me to get to know the tables and parameters in calibrations, too bad without really knowledge of influence of these tables and parameters on the function of the engine, well not all, some i do already know and understand, but it is probably 5% max of all in the calibration. But anyway, I wanted to clearly see the difference between the calibrations i have...
    Last edited by Aksl; 01-27-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok so today i went and tried again with different calibrations to give it a try, since my battery was all charged. Well with a lot of tries i killed the battery again, couldn’t get it to start and idle correctly, with the NISANDA`s calibration it started, couldn’t idle but holding and playing with throttle kept it being a live, but it really made a lot of misfires to the exhaust so i guess the ignition gives a very advance spark.
    With the Express Van file that i have corrected using Fast355`s BIGCAM Excel file, the engine started right up and went to high RPM, i guess of 1600rpm that is set in the calibration, but then just died, it did that every time, every time a nice good start rising rpm until a certain point and the just off. Unfortunately, i couldn’t get the scanXL to work, it gave me an error 109 couldn`t find the ODBII interface via cable, it sees the cable but not the PCM, may be is because i do not have the Ground signal connected to my ODBII port, i only have the ground, but my TechII worked fine with just ground (another issue that i have to solve) to get the log.

Fast355 - If you have any thoughts, why the engine revs up until some rpm and then just shuts, not even reacting anyhow on throttle?
    Last edited by Aksl; 01-27-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by NISANDA View Post
    The file i send you, its has NO fuel adjusment at all, just idle and timming you have to do the fuel, and it uses the same delphi maf same as a 5.3 LM7 Ls engine, calibrated diferently (Stock) for the 5.7 liter air flow, unplug the Maf soo it convert to MAP and see how it work, (you need to adjust fueling regarles).
    Hello NISANDA, ok i see, will try to next time i go deal with my truck, yesterday i couldn't even got it started to move it, if before it would start with pedal aplied and i could move it, then yesterday it started with a lot of misfires and couldn't hold a steady idle at all..

If you have a link to a source where i can read about the process of unplaging Maf to convert in to Map and adjust fueling regardless of Maff, please share it. Thatnk you
    Last edited by Aksl; 01-28-2019 at 11:03 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Just disconect the Maf and its should automatically start using the Map.