Thread: Need help tuning my calibration on a 0411 with road runner emulator using TunerCat.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi
    I only program LT1’s but have used TC in the past.
    Basics...
    I presume you are starting with an existing similar specced tune?
    Have you altered the injector specs? Rated flow. Voltage offsets. Low pulse width adders.
    Cylinder size.
    Is that the 280 xfi cam?
    The startup ve tables id reduce by 50 to 70%
    Is there a startup injector base pulse width. I’d raise that by about 25%
    Raise the idle speed to 800-1000 just to get it to idle.
    Closed throttle timing 20-30 degrees.

Mitch
    '95 Z28 M6 -Just the odd mod.
    '80 350 A3 C3 Corvette - recent addition.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal_Crazy View Post
    Hi
    Basics...
    Have you altered the injector specs? Rated flow. Voltage offsets. Low pulse width adders.
    Cylinder size.
    Is that the 280 xfi cam?

Mitch
    I am making the assumption that he is starting with the 5.7 Express van 0411 file. If so many of the settings should already be correct for the base setup. Engine size, Injector size, Injector compensations, etc.

I am attaching an Open Office file with some values of the key tables I was talking about as well as a VE table that should be a fair bit closer than the OEM GM Van table.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    I am making the assumption that he is starting with the 5.7 Express van 0411 file. If so many of the settings should already be correct for the base setup. Engine size, Injector size, Injector compensations, etc.

I am attaching an Open Office file with some values of the key tables I was talking about as well as a VE table that should be a fair bit closer than the OEM GM Van table.
    I have made all changes like in file, except MAIN SPARK & IDLE SPARK, not sure wich exactly table to ubdate for these..

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aksl View Post
    I have made all changes like in file, except MAIN SPARK & IDLE SPARK, not sure wich exactly table to ubdate for these..
    Main Spark is Spark Advance vs Load vs RPM High Octane

Idle Spark is Base Spark vs Load vs RPM Drive & P/N.

I just noticed I transposed something when I copied it over. For the IDLE RPM, the values for Drive and Park Neutral are swapped. You want a slightly lower idle in gear than in drive that way when the transmission engages the engine idles slightly lower.

I would also zero out the values in the AFR Spark Advance Correction vs AFR vs RPM table, the Idle Flare Startup Spark Advance vs RPM table, the Cat Lightoff Spark Correction vs ERT vs Load table, and finally the EGR Spark Advance Correction vs Load vs RPM table.

Fuel Injected!
    Main Spark is Spark Advance vs Load vs RPM High Octane

Idle Spark is Base Spark vs Load vs RPM Drive & P/N.

I just noticed I transposed something when I copied it over. For the IDLE RPM, the values for Drive and Park Neutral are swapped. You want a slightly lower idle in gear than in drive that way when the transmission engages the engine idles slightly lower.

I would also zero out the values in the AFR Spark Advance Correction vs AFR vs RPM table, the Idle Flare Startup Spark Advance vs RPM table, the Cat Lightoff Spark Correction vs ERT vs Load table, and finally the EGR Spark Advance Correction vs Load vs RPM table.
    Ow, ok, thank you for corrections, i will swap the values in IDLE RPM table with AC on/of for P/N to In gear and vice versa, thank you!

Trying to convert right now the % values to gm/cyl/sec for VE & Crank VE tables..

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aksl View Post
    Ow, ok, thank you for corrections, i will swap the values in IDLE RPM table with AC on/of for P/N to In gear and vice versa, thank you!

Trying to convert right now the % values to gm/cyl/sec for VE & Crank VE tables..
    The crank VE tables look normal format to me from your screenshot. To my knowledge the 0411 does not use a crank pulsewidth table. With big cams I always add some extra startup fuel in the low rpm, high map cranking area to get more crank fuel the first few turns.

I have already converted your VE tables in the spreadsheet and reposted it.

Fuel Injected!
    The crank VE tables look normal format to me from your screenshot. To my knowledge the 0411 does not use a crank pulsewidth table. With big cams I always add some extra startup fuel in the low rpm, high map cranking area to get more crank fuel the first few turns.

Thank you very much Fast355, appreciate your help and guidance!

Sincerely!

Fuel Injected!

Concerning Crank VE, i have this file downloaded from HPtunner forum, that converts the VE to crank VE, may be you will find it usefull..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal_Crazy View Post
    Hi
    Basics...
    Cylinder size.
    Is that the 280 xfi cam?

Mitch
    Hello Mitch,

Thank you for feedback,

Well, I am using a preset .cal file that i got from internet as a start point, as i have mentioned the last one that i have uploaded at the beginning of the thread, i truly don`t remember where i got from, i will be using the one i got from NISANDRA on this forum from today and will start from scrap all over again.

So i have checked and set the cylinder size, i have not altered the injector specs yet, and i couldn`t find there specs on the net. Voltage offsets and low pulse width adders i haven`t touched either, and to be honest, don`t know which exactly tables in TC to check (what exactly tables are responsible for these indicators).

Yes the cam is the one you have specified, it is the 280 xfi cam!

I will try to find the startup injector base pulse width in the TC.

May be i should make print screens of what lists of options (tables & settings) i have in this .cal when i open it in TC.