Thread: 1st data log (OBD1) and went 7000 Knock count! Any advise appreciated - log attached

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

1st data log (OBD1) and went 7000 Knock count! Any advise appreciated - log attached

I am new to tuning/logging so could use some advice as I don't know what the values for most settings are supposed to be so can't tell what clues are being given in this data log. I had to just take a section of the log to keep the file size in limits but it has examples of the knock count building up and being slightly retarded.

This is for a 95 K2500 HD 5.7 TBI. All stock. PCM = 16197427 using $0D A217 ADX. vehicle feels like its running perfectly so I was surprised. Truck is a daily driver and my only goal is engine longevity. It's got 244k and I want to get to at least 400k. Everything is in very good to excellent condition and has been well maintained. I'm concerned that this high knock count will hurt my longevity goal.

Any advice of what this log is saying would be very much appreciated! I know its a lot to ask to get a diagnosis but I really don't know how to interpret the values for the various readings.

Thank you for any help...
    Attached Files Attached Files