Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Free LS1 Tuning Software (all you need is TunerPro)

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by TilmanNA View Post
    Cool, I found the .XDF, however I noticed in the TorquePro RT "transmission type" it stated ** this parameter should NOT be changed ** !!!

What to do?? The 411 OS 2156 PCM states it is a 4L80E, yet I would like to change it to a manual NV3500.
    There's a couple of ways to do what you're looking for. If you are using lsdroid to flash your pcm, the newest version of that app has the ability to segment swap. I strongly recommend reading up on this thoroughly before attempting it. In the apps FAQ section, it has a link to some stock bin files that can be used for segment swaps, but a segment swap must be for the same OS. Again strongly recommend that you make sure you understand how to use the app and what segment swaps are. Lsdroid has a Facebook page to help answer questions about lsdroid. There's also a way to do it without segment swapping, but I don't know everything you need to turn off to get it to run and not throw any codes.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey guyz! Throw me a link pls, cant find info, what hardware and software i do need to read and flash gm obd2 pcm

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by yoheer View Post
    Hey guyz! Throw me a link pls, cant find info, what hardware and software i do need to read and flash gm obd2 pcm
    Search LS Droid and tuner pro. There's even Facebook pages about it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by pnwsr6 View Post
    Search LS Droid and tuner pro. There's even Facebook pages about it.
    And what about hardware?

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by yoheer View Post
    And what about hardware?
    Guy that made lsdroid also makes a obd2 device that is designed for it. It's on the FB page.

Fuel Injected!
    And what about standard hardware? Like elm327, or galetto or kess. Diablosport is too expensive

Electronic Ignition!
    There is enough info in this thread to give you a good starting point. If you search my profile and look for my posts, you will see I have asked very few questions. Participated in very few. That is because almost all the information I needed to do what I wanted to do was available to find in the forums, I just had to search for it. This is also not the only place to find info. Google is your friend. You will find most people on these forums have answered the same questions over and over again, and will ignore you if you seem to have asked questions without searching for it.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the reply. I missed it earlier. Yes, I am using LSDriod, OBD Link LX, and Tunerpro RT. I will do as suggested and check out the FB page. Thanks!
    Last edited by TilmanNA; 07-04-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Again, Thanks. I checked out LSDROID and a guy by the name of Pocono Joe said I should seg.swap the team/trans dia. & speedometer files. Darn, I should of ask how to? Any good you tube videos!? I will look on Google as well. Thanks.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by TilmanNA View Post
    Again, Thanks. I checked out LSDROID and a guy by the name of Pocono Joe said I should seg.swap the team/trans dia. & speedometer files. Darn, I should of ask how to? Any good you tube videos!? I will look on Google as well. Thanks.
    If you have your original OS, and have found a bin of the SAME OS with with the segments you are looking for, you can open lsdroid and go to the segment swap section of the app if you have already unlocked that feature. If you look through Pete's post on the FB page, he explains the reason behind the feature locks and how to enable the features. If you try to swap segments from an OS that isn't compatible, lsdroid is supposed to recognize it and not allow it I think, but I would make sure you use a matching OS and not chance that. The segment swap feature is actually pretty easy to use, just pay attention and make sure you make the names of the bins you get something you will know what they are and not get them confused and flash the wrong one.
    Good Luck!

Fuel Injected!
    GREAT INFO!!! Thanks!!

I have a couple of questions regarding this xdf and the one for the 512k pcms. I noticed when viewing the VE table using this xdf file in Tuner Pro, The VE numbers range from around 1 to a little over 2. When I open the same bin file using EFI Live, There are normal VE numbers as in VE %. The conversion is approximately 48.212 * the number reported in TunerPro. I also get an out of range value when I set VATS to be disabled in Tuner Pro and open the bin in EFILive. I have an 03 GMC Sierra with a 4.8 with 4L60E. I segment swapped a 04 4.8 engine cal into an 04 5.3 bin from the same type truck and programmed a second PCM. I used EFILive to get the 03 calibration parameters such as MAF calibration and the injector data and pasted that data into the 12587603 flashed PCM. It runs fine but just playing around I noticed these differences. I am attaching screenshots of the things I see.

Maybe LRT will see this post. If anyone else knows, please chime in.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:09 PM.

Thank you for the explanation. I had read the comments and the text is almost identical to what EFILive and even had the same formulas. I did a base install of EFILive just to compare the calibrations. I didn't set any preferences on how to display the VE. There is a learning curve coming from OBD1 and flashing chips to working with the LS calibrations. I apologize for any inconvenience

Fuel Injected!
    hi guys
    1. trying to add plugins to tunerpro. Doing all by instruction. wanna add 512 and 1mb checksum plugins. they doesn't appear in help->plugins. what i'm doing wrong?
    2. I have one pcm 12583659 (serv.#12586243) It is from 2005 car. It seem that I can use 12587603.xdf and 2004 bin files for it. Right?
    3. What xdf should I use with 2007 4.8 engine? I'll specify PCM# a lil bit later
    4. Is it possible to change operating system?