Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: Free LS1 Tuning Software (all you need is TunerPro)

Fuel Injected!
    Here you go
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    I found an XDF for 12587603 on NSFW's Github that has the A/C System type defined. I haven't checked it to know if the checksum is calculated properly. Be sure to verify it before flashing.

Carb and Points!
    Well, this is great! If that xdf is good it solves all my problems!!! Thank you!

I'll try to set up an experiment to determine the value of that unknown capacitor. The engineer in me is itching to see if I can actually convert a "no analog ac request" pcm. Since I have an extra unit from the junkyard...

Fuel Injected!
    I'm pretty sure it's just for debounce, so I don't think the exact value is critical. Maybe something between 0.2uF and 0.5uF? You could probably just add the resistors to test the input. Let us know what you find. It might be a good idea to start a thread detailing the hardware differences to make the information easy to find.

Carb and Points!
    I've tried to delete my vats on a 2005 PCM OS#12592122 and cannot find any Xdf that match it. does anyone know where i can find one or if anyone has the same os# with any success any information is appreciated.
    Last edited by flaco; 11-30-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    A 2000 model year 7.4L would have been paired with a 4L80 transmission, and would have used the older "Black Box" Vortec PCM. This was the final model year for the 7.4L, and they never used the later LS1 (P01) PCM - sometimes referred to as an 0411 PCM - so there is no OEM wiring harness available that had a P01 PCM.
    This brings up a question re my 2000 Camaro PCM, which according to the hptuners scanner is a P01 (it says "ECM: 10, VPW - P01"). This is the original PCM that came with the car (which I bought new in 2000, so it's definitely original). But supposedly 2000's did not have the 0411 PCM, so wondering what I really have. I was considering getting a 0411 just for the supposedly faster cpu (compared to the 99-00 PCMs). It is running the correct OS for 2000 (9381344), which I plan to replace with an 02 OS (12212156).

Fuel Injected!
    I have no definitive proof but I've heard that the only difference between a P01 "896" PCM and a P01 "0411" PCM is that the 0411 runs streaming PID's for logging a little faster. I have several of each here and yea, I guess I can see that but it can't be much of a difference.

They both seem to be about the same. What does the hardware sticker on your PCM say? Look at the last three or four numbers.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Carb and Points!
    OK thanks, that clears it up, so P01 can mean different actual generations of boards, and I must have an 896 not an 0411.

Carb and Points!

xdf with ac mode

Quote Originally Posted by Neukam View Post
    I found an XDF for 12587603 on NSFW's Github that has the A/C System type defined. I haven't checked it to know if the checksum is calculated properly. Be sure to verify it before flashing.
    Guys, i downloaded this XFD, i would like to use my ECM to control my AC, however comparing this xdf with the one used on this site 12587603 the values in the VE table show up different using the same BIN file. Am i missing something??

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus1958 View Post
    Guys, i downloaded this XFD, i would like to use my ECM to control my AC, however comparing this xdf with the one used on this site 12587603 the values in the VE table show up different using the same BIN file. Am i missing something??
    Check here

and don`t forget to add a review when you are done.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    *** Moderator *** - please sticky this thread so that people may more readily find it

Over two years ago, I posted a couple of XDF files for use with TunerPro editing software, specific to the LS1 type PCM. Below is a link to my original thread:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...with-Checksums

I am not going to revisit the comments made in the original thread, nor the number of times that “free” LS1 flashing software has failed to materialize. I am cautiously optimistic that this may finally be on the horizon. Please read the thread linked below:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...han-You-Think)

A hard working group of enthusiasts is attempting to bring a no cost LS1 Flash Tool into existence. Given this development, I went back to creating more XDF files for LS1 type PCMs. These XDFs are based on the original work of Dimented24x7, and the disassembly that he shared freely.

This disassembly allowed me to create a template for basic tuning (enough functions for an enthusiast to tune their own PCM). Each subsequent XDF was based on this template and disassembly - the same way that commercial tuning software companies would have developed their product.

The attached instructions (PDF) below have been updated from the 2016 version.

A new feature is the “Operating System” button, near the bottom of the Parameter Tree. This will show you the Operating System of the LS1 type PCM BIN file that you have opened. No matter which of the accompanying LS1 XDFs that you have currently selected for use with TunerPro, the Operating System will ALWAYS be correctly displayed - for all 512Kb and 1Mb LS1 type PCMs.

This feature will help ensure that you select the correct XDF for editing your BIN file. This is how commercial tuning software works. It determines the Operating System in use, and then automatically loads the corresponding editing file. You must load the corresponding XDF manually - but the concept is the same.

Please read the attached instructions. Then download both of the Checksum Plugins (512Kb and 1Mb), and place them into the TunerPro folder on your computer, as described in the instructions.

After this has been done, download the XDF files from the posts below.

*** Note: I will update posts #2, #3, and #4 below with new XDFs as these are developed. ***
    Thx LRT, I've been able to read, edit, & save my bin after following these tips. Going to write now. Thx again.

Carb and Points!
    this is a big save for me thank you

Fuel Injected!
    In case anyone needs the NOW missing files.

I think they all come from this thread.

Too bad the captain abandone the ship. So don`t expect any support for the files. Use at your own risk.

If LRT wants the files down, I will post them in another thread.

Good news is once something is uploaded on the web, you can`t take it down[delete] like it or not, it stays there.

Pay respect to the author and give him some credits for the hard work.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks, kur4o.

I think LRT's XDFs were all mirrored to GitHub as well. Two people have been maintaining repositories of every XDF they could find:

https://github.com/Snoman002/Engine-...neral%20Motors

https://github.com/BoredTruckOwner/L...ine_Repository

I haven't compared them against the files that LRT posted here, but I'm pretty sure I saw LRT's XDF for my C5Z in both repos.

Anyone know why he deleted his posts?

Carb and Points!
    Hey new to the tuning with tuner pro just here to say hey I reckon this is what I have to do to keep my account up