Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Free LS1 Tuning Software (all you need is TunerPro)

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 10:46 PM.

Carb and Points!
    Thank You!
    Last edited by windsma; 01-17-2019 at 02:29 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Thank you!!! Also would it be possible to get these XDFs complied into a ZIP file?

*Edit* Would these XDFs work with a 4896 ECU? Its pretty much the same as a 0411
    Last edited by brandonwh64; 01-17-2019 at 02:57 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you for all the work you've put into these, I know how much time they take to create.

I can't wait to see where this leads us now that open source flashing is now possible.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwh64 View Post
    Thank you!!! Also would it be possible to get these XDFs complied into a ZIP file?

*Edit* Would these XDFs work with a 4896 ECU? Its pretty much the same as a 0411
    The 512K Xdf's are OS dependent. If you have a supported OS on an 0896 there is no reason it won't work. It is a 0411 for all purposes.

Fuel Injected!
    Nice work on the XDFs but it'd be nice if you had contacted me before you included versions of my checksum plugins, and provided creditation for my work. Also, you should NOT load both checksums. The 1 Mbyte should be an update to the 512kb, and carries the same internal GUID as the earlier version which needs to be unique. In fact, I think tunerpro will detect this and ignore the older one and use the 1 Mbyte plugin for all. Also grrr at whoever patched out my email address from the DLLs! :( Im not saying its you but it definately has happened. Thats nasty. I'd like to clean that up.

For the checksum plugins to work you'll need the VC2010 redist package installed on your PC else it'll fail to load, and then it wont update the checksums which will cause problems flashing. Also note that you only need the plugin for the OS Segments, and unless you have code patches (I dont think anyone has developed any yet) you can and should use the built in tunerpro checksum calculations instead as that will remove the external dependency on the checksum plugin and in turn the VC2010 plugins so that it will always work.

I'll attach my build of the 512kbyte and 1mbyte plugin. If you want to talk plugin development send me a PM.

Here is an example of checksum without a plugin for the engine calibration segment, the same applies for all segments except the OS segment:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by antus; 01-17-2019 at 03:49 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:05 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:05 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    No, this is the first public release of the 1mbyte version, though its just a minor update. I can see that the 1mbyte dll you posted is someone elses hack of my dll as there is an extra space where someone typed over the 512kbit string.

Code:
    This plug-in provides a way to calculate checksums for LS1 512k bin files.
    This plug-in provides a way to calculate checksums for LS1  1Mb bin files.
    The source code for the guts of it is published here but I cant post in full because of the restrictive license on the tunerpro SDK.
    https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewto...&t=3845#p85328

The offical 1Mbyte support is added by duplicating the if which sets os_hack=1 and updating the end address for the extra bin range.

Code:
                // if we detect its the LS1 OS range, then enable a hack to skip parts that are not included
                if (pCalcInfo->dwRegionStartAddress==0 && pCalcInfo->dwRegionEndAddress==0x7FFFD) os_hack=1;
                if (pCalcInfo->dwRegionStartAddress==0 && pCalcInfo->dwRegionEndAddress==0xFFFFD) os_hack=1;
    Can you please update you zip with the plugin I posted above and remove the stolen copies?
    If you need more proof see the filesystem string in the dlls from my server where oseplugin is mentioned, which is a completely unrelated plugin for older delco pcms on pcmhacking.net. Thats in all versions....

Fuel Injected!
    LRT, you have done great work, and I understand the confusion, this hacked version has been passed around and I have just been informed someone is or was selling an ls1 flash tool on ebay, and they removed the credits and included it in the package they are selling. So that is the source of the hacked version. It is deliberately stolen work, but not by anyone here. I am happy for the real version to be passed around and I have shared how it works for the community and I have shared my ls1flash-free source and kernel with NSFW and open sourced a lot of my former work in PCM Hammer but I have a problem with this plugin. I dont think its fair to strike my name out of it. Please dont distribute the hacked version. Since we are all a community (or a couple of communities) working towards the same goal, you are welcome to distribute the one I posted above.

Now I understand whats going on, and I see how the 2 bytes of guid were hacked. The 2 stolen copies can load side by side because of the differing IDs, and they hacked the DLL twice because they couldnt add the one line of code that was needed. So they just changed 7FFFD to FFFFD in the second copy. To be very clear I am only talking about the checksum dlls, not the rest of LRTs work which is fantastic and a huge needed piece of the free flashing solution.

plugin hack.jpg
    Last edited by antus; 01-18-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Wow i can see this is going to be ugly in some areas. Not sure why someone would want jack with the checksum and repost it. I know i had messaged Antus awhile back pcmhacking about a 1mb checksum and he offered to to make one. And furthermore anyone thats been involved with this project its common knowledge who made them. People are going to mess up a good thing.I can see xdfs going the same way.

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:06 PM.