Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Free LS1 Tuning Software (all you need is TunerPro)

Carb and Points!
    Edited #102 for clarification. This is what I did:
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    If you actually have flashed a 2001 OS into the PCM - 12208322 - and are using the matching XDF - then you are OK.
    Are my other assumptions correct?

How do you identify the OS of a PCM? Is it the "HDW No."? I'd assume that refers to the hardware chip set, not an operating system.

Fuel Injected!
    Hardware number (and "service number") both describe the hardware, that's correct.

To find out which operating system is installed on the hardware, you'd have to use software to connect to it and ask. With PCM Hammer, clicking the "Get Properties" button will list a few things, including the operating system ID. I'm pretty sure LS Droid has a way to do this as well but I haven't tried it myself yet.

If I remember right, the '896 hardware is a little different from the rest of the family, so it may not work with all operating systems. I don't really know though.

The best place I know of to search for bin and xdf files is here:
    https://github.com/BoredTruckOwner/L...ine_Repository

There might be other stuff that isn't in there yet, so it's still worth doing some web searching on the hardware number / service number / operating system ID plus "bin" and/or "xdf" and see if you can find anything. and if you do find something that isn't in there, please submit it to the repository, or just post it here and I'll submit it.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks NSFW.

My only contribution at this point is that 12208322 and 12212156 seem to load fine on my 09354896 with LS Droid in conjunction with OBDLink LX & the engine seems to run fine. I am still not able to get the Jeep's tachometer working with or without a pull-up resistor (which may be completely independent of the tune, flash, etc.).

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    OS 12587603 for a 2004 Silverado with a 5.3(LM7) setup for a manual transmission. If you plan to run flex fuel then you would want an L59 engine segment rather then the LM7. You will need to readjust things related to the speedometer such as the VSS PPM as they are still configured for an auto trans.

The engine segment is for a stock engine as far as I'm aware and still has all emissions enabled as well as torq management and is configured for a DBW throttle.
    Hey Pete. I'm running a 5.3L (LM7/Cable throttle) out of a 2000 Silverado. Would this OS/BIN work pretty well for me? I'm hoping to find a setup that I can run without too much fine tuning for now, until I get the swap sorted.
    Last edited by tf3n; 04-20-2020 at 02:54 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    So what would I need hardware-wise to use this for my 02 2500HD 8.1/Allison?

Carb and Points!
    OS/XDF help needed.

I'm working with OS-12221588 and its xdf file in Tuner Pro...

I need to find how to enable/disable the pullup resistor on the Tach output and also how to change the throttle position setting that the 1-4 Upshift lamp (C2-47 on a 411 PCM)
    operates at. (CARS_CAGS)

Bob

Carb and Points!
    Intending to remove VATS and some emissions bits from a 5.7l 12587603.bin, I downloaded the 12587603.xdf from the BoredTruckOwner github repo linked above.
    As soon as I try to select the XDF in TunerPro or TunerPro RT, the program crashes.

If I load a P01 XDF, I can poke around a 512kB bin file as expected.

Am I missing something obvious here?

edit:
    Nevermind, found an old issue that resolved the problem.
    It was the msvcp100.dll that was in the plugins folder. Once I renamed it I had no more issues.
    Last edited by Hey_Allen; 06-23-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Is there anyone still adding additional features to these xdf? If so how would I go about requesting something be added? Researching and learning how to use Tuner pro and the xdf's is fairly easy. Adding things to an xdf from what I can find has a steep learning curve. The OS I am currently interested in is 12216125 because of its flex fuel capability and good coverage options for a p01 411 pcm. I'm willing to help in any way that I can.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

You are better off abandoning your current tune and pursuing an OS that has what you need for Flex Fuel support and that has an already richly featured XDF file. I don't know that anybody is actively adding features to obscure OS XDF files though you might . . . might . . . talk somebody into adding something into an existing, already well supported XDF.

Have you looked at what is available for features in 12208322, 12202088, 12212156? I'm not sure if these support Flex Fuel. What engine and transmission are you needing?

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Electronic Ignition!
    What I'm looking for is things like injector timing\phasing, for cam changes, some tcc lockup settings, and dfco settings that aren't available in the xdf for 125 os, some of which are available for other xdf's. This is the only os and xdf that has flex fuel available for the p01. Finding engine and transmission combo isn't the problem. I would gladly add the parameters myself if I knew more about how to create xdf's. Everything I have read so far on creating xdf's seems confusing.
    Last edited by pnwsr6; 06-28-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by pnwsr6 View Post
    What I'm looking for is things like injector timing\phasing, for cam changes, some tcc lockup settings, and dfco settings that aren't available in the xdf for 125 os, some of which are available for other xdf's. This is the only os and xdf that has flex fuel available for the p01. Finding engine and transmission combo isn't the problem. I would gladly add the parameters myself if I knew more about how to create xdf's. Everything I have read so far on creating xdf's seems confusing.
    I'm running 6125 on a flex fuel truck and have been wanting to figure a way to add in some parameters as well. The xdf is locked for editing too. I understand why someone would lock it, but at the same time would like to try to start from the current xdf and not from square one.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello! I noticed you stated "LS" type pcms, however is that inclusive? question being I have the 411 with 2156 OS and was wondering if the .XDF listed above would allow me to change VATS and Trans on L31 with the above factory ECM with is what I pulled with the Engine? long question... opps

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by TilmanNA View Post
    Hello! I noticed you stated "LS" type pcms, however is that inclusive? question being I have the 411 with 2156 OS and was wondering if the .XDF listed above would allow me to change VATS and Trans on L31 with the above factory ECM with is what I pulled with the Engine? long question... opps
    If the xdf matches your OS, then you can use it to modify your OS. If you can't find an xdf with the same number as your OS then you either have to find and use another os with an xdf,or create one from scratch. 2156 OS should have a xdf for it in the 2nd post of this thread.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks!!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by TilmanNA View Post
    Thanks!!
    Cool, I found the .XDF, however I noticed in the TorquePro RT "transmission type" it stated ** this parameter should NOT be changed ** !!!

What to do?? The 411 OS 2156 PCM states it is a 4L80E, yet I would like to change it to a manual NV3500.