Thread: Free LS1 Tuning Software (all you need is TunerPro)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks.I guess I should have been a little more specific.if I remove the chip and use an adp-019 (psop44 to dip32) to read it in my GQ4x4.then use the tunerpro xdf to make changes and reflash the chip and reinstall in pcm via surface mount zif.I ask this because I have most of this stuff already. I Do not own a cable to flash or read pcm through obd2 port.I do have a maxidiag obd2 reader that gives me o2 sensors.short and long fuel trims.iac.tps.etc so I can read live data.just want to be sure the files will work the same by reading/editing bin from the chip burner.I have a couple xdfs and looked them over.I don't have one for os 12201281which is what's on the service label.am I out of luck if I can't get that xdf.haven't seen one in searching.easy enough to go get another pcm with more supported os.lots at the yard I use.appreciate the help.
    Jeeper
    87 sjimmy powered by a 92 cadillac 4.9L pfi on 7427pcm /700r4/ 8.8 3.55 rear/disc brakes.

Fuel Injected!
    To use the bin file pulled from the lifted chip you will have to byte swap the file. Swap odd and even bytes. Some chip programmers have that built in.
    You will have to byte swap the bin file before opening with tunerpro and byte swap again after you save it with tunerpro.

I can only recommend chip lifting for recovering bricked pcm. An OBDLink cable is not that much and will serve you well for other pcms too. Changing to xdf supported OS is a breeze with it. And caldata write takes less than a minute.

Thanks for that info.didn't know that the cable was not so expensive. But searched and found that the gq4x4 does have byte swap.I may try it this way just to see how difficult the soldering is.but thanks for your time.
    Jeeper
    87 sjimmy powered by a 92 cadillac 4.9L pfi on 7427pcm /700r4/ 8.8 3.55 rear/disc brakes.

Fuel Injected!
    I picked up my obdlink SX cable for $20 off Amazon. Why mess with soldering over a $20 cable.
    1995 GMC K2500 SUBURBAN 2001 LB7 DURAMAX/ALLISON swap, mostly stock, tuned by me with EFILive

1999 Tahoe 2 door 2X4, 5.7l with 0411 swap, and marine intake

Fuel Injected!
    LRT

Can you share an unlocked version of 12587603 1mb xdf.

I am doing a disassembly of that OS and it may help me to label known stuff faster.
    It will really speed up the process.

Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    LRT

Can you share an unlocked version of 12587603 1mb xdf.

I am doing a disassembly of that OS and it may help me to label known stuff faster.
    It will really speed up the process.

Thanks
    An unlocked / text version would fantastic!

I've been talking with a guy who is setting up a github repository for XDF files and it would be great to have text versions of all the XDFs. That way anybody can add to them as we find and document more things.

He says he's found another '603 XDF (unlocked) that has some additional tables defined, but no comments, and he wants to combine the best of both files, and an unlocked versions of both would make that job a lot easier.

Also, I've got a script that turns (unlocked, text) XDFs into IDC script, which gives a huge head start on reverse engineering with IDA Pro.
    https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/125933...master/Scripts

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    An unlocked / text version would fantastic!

I've been talking with a guy who is setting up a github repository for XDF files and it would be great to have text versions of all the XDFs. That way anybody can add to them as we find and document more things.

He says he's found another '603 XDF (unlocked) that has some additional tables defined, but no comments, and he wants to combine the best of both files, and an unlocked versions of both would make that job a lot easier.

Also, I've got a script that turns (unlocked, text) XDFs into IDC script, which gives a huge head start on reverse engineering with IDA Pro.
    https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/125933...master/Scripts
    Here's my XDF for '603

EDIT: deleted due to possible copyright violation
    Last edited by dzidaV8; 01-14-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Carb and Points!
    Hey new to the tuning with tuner pro just here to say hey I reckon this is what I have to do to keep my account up

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    I picked up my obdlink SX cable for $20 off Amazon. Why mess with soldering over a $20 cable.
    have you managed your cable obdlink sx, to work with tunerpro? program cant see device, even if i set up correct port. or i need plugin for sx?

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:07 PM.

Carb and Points!
    Does anyone have a good adx file for logging the ls in tunerpro. Any advice on logging would be awesome too.