Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Free LS1 Tuning Software (all you need is TunerPro)

Carb and Points!
    After some help guys. Tried flashing the 12587603 os to a p59 pcm so I can use the xdf file available for this os. Problem is even after removing vats from the bin file, engine will crank but not start in a no spark situation. Flash the pcm back to the original 12592433 os and it's fine. Wondering what I may be missing that's preventing the start. Have tried a couple of different bins with the same os but no difference. I'm guessing it might be something in the settings I'm missing but at a loss what to check next. Cheers.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    After some help guys. Tried flashing the 12587603 os to a p59 pcm so I can use the xdf file available for this os. Problem is even after removing vats from the bin file, engine will crank but not start in a no spark situation. Flash the pcm back to the original 12592433 os and it's fine. Wondering what I may be missing that's preventing the start. Have tried a couple of different bins with the same os but no difference. I'm guessing it might be something in the settings I'm missing but at a loss what to check next. Cheers.
    What software are you using to tune the .bin file?

Carb and Points!
    Using Tuner pro to tune. Have had zero problems using it with my current pcms.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    Using Tuner pro to tune. Have had zero problems using it with my current pcms.
    Going to have a p59 over the weekend will do the same steps as you and will report back

Carb and Points!
    Thanks mate. Any help would be appreciated.

Carb and Points!
    So did you have any luck?

Carb and Points!
    I think I am in the same boat. My ECM is from a 2000 z28 a4. My ECM is 16220610, and I think the OS is 09354896. So if I am tracking correctly, I need to use an OS from a 2001 or later right? Then find a bin file that matches that OS.

Does anyone have a bin file for a 2001-2002 fbody 5.7l m6? I checked the bin directory but couldnt find any m6 bins for 2001 or 2002.

Carb and Points!
    Im also looking for some help. I have a 2003 silverado 2500HD 6.0 4x4 4l80E with OS 12580786 and i cant find a XDF file is their a depository or can anyone point me in the right direction or a decent replacement OS that will meet the needs of said truck

Electronic Ignition!
    So I have a question about COS he mentioned in the post below. I am trying to run my 2000 5.3L in speed density and been running into a road block. I seen he had XDF for two custom operating systems in that post but no BIN files. Do I need a bin or just take a stock bin of same OS as xdf and when tuner pro saves it, it becomes a COS? If anyone has a custom OS for speed density on a P01 ECU with a usable XDF, that would be amazing as well! Thanks guys

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post73585

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperRE View Post
    Hi Guys, I have managed to the the Bin file from my PCM a OS 12212156 which came with the LS 6.0 Engine I got from a scrap yard.

I also got the .xdf file for the 2002 GM Vehicle in this thread.

The original transmission is showing as a 4L80E but I want to use my 700R4 as this has very recently been fully rebuilt.

The 6.0 LS will be going into my 1989 GMC Vandura G2500 Van.

Am I able to just change to transmission type and then save or is it more complicated? to I need to change other settings aswell.

I need to delete VATS
    EGR
    Cooling fans
    Probably the Speedometer section with wheel size etc.
    Maybe the 02 Sensors aswell. (still reading up on whats needed).

Many thanks.
    Changing the transmission from a electronic to a non-electronic (or manual) trans is quite a bit more complicated....it's not as simple as *just* changing the transmission type, and there are some who say that isn't a good idea as other problems can arise. You'll have to dig through EVERY transmission DTC and turn it off.....otherwise the PCM will be looking for a TCM and start throwing codes. IMO it's easier to just reflash the PCM with a manual OS. In my case, I went on CarGurus, searched for a 4.8 pickup with a manual trans.....grabbed the VIN, went on GM's TIS website ($40 per VIN) and reflashed the PCM with my VXDIAG pass-thru. Of course you'll have to make the rest of your changes in your list.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwh64 View Post
    So I have a question about COS he mentioned in the post below. I am trying to run my 2000 5.3L in speed density and been running into a road block. I seen he had XDF for two custom operating systems in that post but no BIN files. Do I need a bin or just take a stock bin of same OS as xdf and when tuner pro saves it, it becomes a COS? If anyone has a custom OS for speed density on a P01 ECU with a usable XDF, that would be amazing as well! Thanks guys

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post73585
    You will need a matching COS to use one of those XDF's. They will not work with a stock BIN file.

Since COS's from tools like HPT and EFI Live do not contain any type of calibration data you would need to find one that's been setup already(and is compatible with the XDF) as there could be settings the COS needs filled in that would not be in the XDF if you tried to populate the raw COS yourself. I'm not sure on things like the COS1 but for any of the COS's that have extended boost tables you need to do a complete OS flash every time you make a change in any of the settings as tables have been moved outside of the "OEM" calibration data range and none of the free tools avaible would correctly flash the calibration data range for a COS.

Fuel Injected!
    I have not seen an XDF for that OS and do not know of anyone working on one for it. Your only real option will be changing the OS to the supported 12587603 and then finding a bin file for a similar setup to work from.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra30689 View Post
    Changing the transmission from a electronic to a non-electronic (or manual) trans is quite a bit more complicated....it's not as simple as *just* changing the transmission type, and there are some who say that isn't a good idea as other problems can arise. You'll have to dig through EVERY transmission DTC and turn it off.....otherwise the PCM will be looking for a TCM and start throwing codes. IMO it's easier to just reflash the PCM with a manual OS. In my case, I went on CarGurus, searched for a 4.8 pickup with a manual trans.....grabbed the VIN, went on GM's TIS website ($40 per VIN) and reflashed the PCM with my VXDIAG pass-thru. Of course you'll have to make the rest of your changes in your list.
    Somebody else tried changing the trans type, flashed ot in using pcmhammer, and it bricked his PCM. Tried it on another and got the same result. So don't change that setting.
    1995 GMC K2500 SUBURBAN 2001 LB7 DURAMAX/ALLISON swap, mostly stock, tuned by me with EFILive

1999 Tahoe 2 door 2X4, 5.7l with 0411 swap, and marine intake

Carb and Points!
    '04 Corvette M6 os12587603.bin (1.00 MB) I am looking for one that will work with a 5.3 and a nv3500. Doing a ls swap on a 66 gmc pickup and need a bin file for a manual transmission. My pcm is a blue and green service number 12589463. Will the one I pasted here work for me?

Thank you, Carl E.
    Last edited by CarlsLQ9SS; 11-04-2019 at 05:09 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Somebody else tried changing the trans type, flashed ot in using pcmhammer, and it bricked his PCM. Tried it on another and got the same result. So don't change that setting.
    With out knowing more about how you flashed the file I'm not going to say this will 100% work but it's very unlikely either of the PCM's are actually bricked unless you altered something in the boot sector of the bin file.

View or download the picture and you will see there is a pin I've highlighted. With the PCM turned ON ground this pin for .5-1 seconds and IMMEDIATELY attempt to re-flash the PCM. Depending on what tool your using to flash with you may need to click start a split second before you release the pin from ground to get the timing on this right. You may only have a 1- 2 second window where the the PCM will be flash-able but that depends on how bad its damaged.

If the flash chips file is only slightly damaged the PCM will boot and start sending either an OS or calibration recovery mode message and will allow you to reflash until the next time its turned off so there is no requirement here on how precise the timing needs to be. It will be in an unlocked state and allow uploading a flash kernel into the ram.

Now if the main OS is badly damaged or there is corrupted information in the boot block the data bus will only come online for a very short time and you will need to time the ground release so as soon as the flash chip resets you are unlocking the PCM and start the flash kernel upload. The flash kernel needs to be uploaded and brought online before the data bus becomes unresponsive again for this to work. The greater the damage in the boot block the less time you will have to upload the kernel.
    P01_P59_Ground 1 second to recover.jpg

Here is a video demonstrating recovery on a dead PCM using LS Droid and what this looks like if you were viewing the data bus.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ4Xt_ebI4M