Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L98 Vette PCM options

Fuel Injected!
    with MS3+3x you have more then enough to emulate all signals that stock ECM was sending to rest of modules

best regards

Fuel Injected!
    I have looked and cant seem to find it, but, is there anyone who has documented the 160 baud data stream from the 7727 ecm or know how I can record it? If I can start there I may be able to build a module to convert the CAN signal from MS to the hex output the CCM needs.

I have the data cable to link into the diagnostic port that I should be able to listen but I'm not sure what program can be used to listen to the repeating message without interfering.

Administrator
    It was my understanding that without the 5 degree tilt and exact hole placement it will cause an oil leak on the manifold, strain the gear set and eventually fail the distributor and oil pump drive.
    Ohboy... Maybe a survey of intake manifolds is in order? Most of the OEM and aftermarket manifolds have a fair amount of misalignment possible due tolerance stackup. They appear to make the distributor hole large enough so there is plenty of "slop" present. The factory oil pump drive arrangement is sloppy in itself and works despite misalignment. Any alignment of distributor centerline to oil pump drive centerline is accomplished with the fit between the distributor and block. As far as gears and pumps wearing out, changes in oil additives seem to be doing far more damage than misalignment. I've changed more distributor gears in the last 5 years than in 20 years prior. And finally, I don't believe you'll find enough material in the LT1 manifold to create the distributor gasket sealing surface without welding and machining. That was one of the points I noted years ago when I was considering putting the LT1 manifold on a set of L31 heads.

Personal experience working with megasquirt and various GM engines has left me with the experience that at low RPM and low loads it is easier to achieve your desired AFR with sequential flow. Last engine I used both batch and sequential was the L32 V6 and it was night and day.
    I think maybe there are more considerations than just the injection strategy in this situation.

The Northstar igntion module can be used in place of the distributor. Along with changing some numbers in the prom you will need a special crank sensor wheel and dual crank sensor assembly. There was a bolt on Northstar system for smallblocks used on Indmar marine engines installed in Mastercraft boats. If you search Ebay using "Indmar LTR Crank" you should be able to locate a seller who is offering to replace sensors for current Indmar owners. He may have a supply of brackets and possibly even the crank wheels.

Fuel Injected!
    Well good to know that the distributor is not as precise as I figured. I was very well aware I would have to weld and fairly sure it would include some milling so that isn't new but a good point none the less. At this point the intake is prepped and I am just waiting for some free time to start porting the heads I have, once the heads are done and milled I will start mocking up the intake and heads to rough in the hole. The more I am looking If I cant figure out how to duplicate the data stream from the ECM to the dash module then I will more than likely stick to the factory computer as there isn't much to gain by hodgepodging an opti system or the ZR1 ecu into my car.