To start I am working on a 1990 Corvette with the L98. Later this year I am going to swap the top end, heads intake and a matching cam, for LT1 parts. Now I know that they are not a direct bolt on but I got the heads stupid cheap and I figure that it is easier to have a pro shop weld 4 block offs in than trying to re-engineer the intake to fit an old bolt pattern and make it a wet intake. While I am at it I have a few must haves for tuning and a few wishes.

Must:
accept a wideband
communicate with the ccm
match or exceed the current tuning precision and adaptability

wish:
loose the distributor for CPP or DIS
sequential fuel injection
flash memory

I can think of 3 options but I am up to any suggestions. First is to stick with the current ecm and accept I have to bore a precision hole for a distributor and not get the SFI to ease low speed tuning and efficiency. Second is Megasquirt, I am very familiar with the system but can not for the life of me figure out how to take a CAN signal and build a module to transmit the data over the ALDL line. The last and I figure closest to my desires is the LT1 PCM as it was used from 1992-1996 in the same cars. The issue here is to fool the pcm into thinking it has an opti attached.

At this point I am still a few months out and am up for suggestions. Is is possible to reprogram the T1 PCM to expect something other than the opti pulse train? Thanks in advance.