Thread: L98 Vette PCM options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Dave W is right about the EFI connection option.

I will add however that converting an LT1 to obd2 can cost as much or more then buying an entire used LT1 engine.

but if you don’t have the tools and space to do an engine swap I guess that’s out.

you could always piggyback the l98 ECM in addition to the LT1 pcm with the necessary inputs the l98 ECM needs to for the ccm functions you want and just not have it hooked to injectors etc
    Last edited by johnny_b; 01-05-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    for PCM i would go Megasuirt or stock with Moates.net Ostrich 2.0.

As for LT1 heads, i alread did that mod on 305 TPI, lots of work but it does the job.

best regards

Fuel Injected!
    WAS hoh did you route the coolant? I am thinking of using the end ports to feed the remote thermostat.

The idea of Megasquirt and a piggyback L98 ecm did cross my mind, may go that route. Is there any listing of all the features they have unlocked with the S_UAJP V5 build. Not against the old prom method just kinda like flash memory better.

Fuel Injected!
    well, i used stock LT1 heads exits in the back, tapped fittings and routed hoses to remote thermostat housing.
    as for ecm i was running MS2 with TPI adaptor board

best regards

Fuel Injected!
    WASyl the more I dig into the $8D ecu the more I want to go back to MS and call it done. The one hinge point is I cant figure out if I will be seeing a system error on the dash of my corvette as the dash computer wont have a data stream to work with. The info provided is just for fuel economy and range so I can do without, just dont want to keep staring at SYS flashing.

Fuel Injected!
    never used MS on Vette but you can always use one spare port and program it to send valid signal

best rgrads

Administrator
    First is to stick with the current ecm and accept I have to bore a precision hole for a distributor and not get the SFI to ease low speed tuning and efficiency.
    Why do you need to bore a precision hole for a distributor? Did you ask the ecm? Because as far as I'm aware it only knows pules in, wait, pulse out. If you could get an aftermarket module to replace the distributor or even a Northstar ignition the ecm would operate it just fine. (Side note: There's much less "precision" to the distributor hole than you may guess. Years ago there were a couple of folks what were converting LT1 manifolds to use with standard heads and the pictures of their work were, umm, amazing to say the least.)

SFI to ease low speed tuning
    Why does SFI "ease low speed tuning?" This is completely baffling?? You have a device delivering fuel to an intake port. Whether the fuel is delivered in 1, 4, or 8 pulses it's still delivering fuel. And you still have the task of matching up the fuel delivery to the airflow using instrumentation and SOP gauges. If you think about it, carburetors are continuous flow devices so that should make them nearly impossible to work with.

and efficiency
    Actually, this is done for emissions purposes. And there are some tradeoffs. You loose heating and vaporization in the intake port when you move away from batch fire. So typically fuel is injected at higher pressure through smaller holes in order to create smaller fuel droplets. This allows the heat generated during compression and ignition to substitute for time spent in the intake port. There is some advantage for OEM's trying to meet CAFE and emissions standards but i think it's safe to say your car will not suffer by using batch fire strategy.

Sorry if I sound like I'm beating you up. Seems like folks can get stuck thinking along specific lines. The only ecm's I'm aware of that will fulfill all your requirements and wishes are 01228331, 16168001, 16163993, and 16196394. I believe they are made of unobtanium.