Thread: Confused on coorelation between Integrator counts and Inj DC% and/or Base Pulse width

Electronic Ignition!

Confused on coorelation between Integrator counts and Inj DC% and/or Base Pulse width

Hi,
    I have 93 C1500 using 16168625 with standard code BDJZ. I haven't modified anything. I am using TunerPro RT and using A201_E6_v250.adx & E6_TPV5_v250.xdf
    I'm trying to learn more about the system, how code controls injectors - rich/lean with feedback from O2 sensor. I've collected data from a hot drive and can see the O2 sensor varying. I see that the code does a good job - Rich/Lean flag correlates well with the O2 sensor. [ATTACH]13587[/ATTACH]

I can see that Integrator counts correlates well with Rich Lean flag and BLM adjusting with driving conditions, BLM cell changing.[ATTACH]13588[/ATTACH]

I can see that Int counts correlates well with O2 sensor when BLM is constant. I assume Injector counts is like "fine adjustment" and BLM is like "coarse adjustment" - I need to read up/understand that better. [ATTACH]13589[/ATTACH]

I expected to see that Int count would correlate with Inj DC% and/or Injector Base Pulse Width - but I can't see correlation with either. [ATTACH]13590[/ATTACH][ATTACH]13591[/ATTACH]

The closed loop is obviously working - I just can't see how fuel flow is being modified in the data stream. What am I missing?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sabino56; 01-04-2019 at 06:04 PM. Reason: highlighted attachments

INT is short term fuel correction. BLM is long term fuel corrections. INT has to go rich or lean a certain amount before BLM changes. Different calibrations have different amounts. 128 means no fuel correction. > 128 means it is lean and having to add fuel. < 128 means it is rich and removing fuel. I don't know what mask/ecm you are using but this thread may help : http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-data-Tutorial!

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks for response. I am using $E6 mask. From what I've found in forum bin archive, it's the correct one for the stock code in my truck.

I haven't got to point of creating my own tables yet, but thanks for the link - I'll read thru. There is so much in this forum to learn. At this point, I was just looking at the data to get better understanding of how system works.

I can see the Integrator centered about 128 and going up/down in sync with O2 sensor output as it adjusts rich/lean. That is, when driving conditions are stable and the BLM is not changing -the Hot Drive Int Counts vs O2 plot for a few cycles at front part of plot.

I assume Integrator counts controls the injectors and so I should see some correlation between Int counts and DC% and/or Inj Base Pulse width -the last two plots - but I don't (again, just looking at the stable driving part of plot around beginning of plot) I don't understand why not - something is making engine go rich/lean and was assuming injectors were only thing Int counts controlled.