Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: low BLM

Fuel Injected!
    I can not figure this out. It's been 2 years and I'm getting nowhere and I wish there was someone local to hire and get it right. I don't have to drive a lot because I live in a small town but want to drive to the coast of Oregon this summer. Can I pay one of you guys to help? This is the log after injector and FP calculation.99.xdl

You can do it. Sure I will help you no charge. Members here helped me when I needed it and now its not so hard. What have you been doing? Do you have the spreadsheet to insert your log data? Post up your current bin with changes.
    Have you checked your fuel pressure with a good gauge? I just watched your last datalog. Its not bad, it needs work though. Also when you are logging, remember slow throttle movements, especially at first. Toward the last you got on it fast, then let off fast filling a few cells with one hit wonders.
    Last edited by donf; 05-09-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I start with a bin that I loaded from this site, set initial timing at 10 deg advanced (same as the distributor) then delete EGR and change injector constant and FP to match the calculation for them with a 330 HP engine. Next I copy and pasted vortec timing from spread sheet into bin, disconnect battery for a couple minutes (don't know if that's required), reconnect battery and load bin to the emulator. I have logged data (like instructed) and used the VE spread sheet, but that was with the old injector flow and FP. I'm going to disable PE and log data after 2 o'clock today and will post after. Earlier today I was emulating and dragging my VE tables around to try and figure it out and hit save by accident so I started a new bin BJYK_95_C-K_Truck_5_7.bin

Did you check your fuel pressure with a good gauge? This is important. A lot of people who get frustrated try to short cut the basics then wonder why things are not working. You can adjust most of it out, but the ecm uses the base flow rate for a lot of other math and adjustments. So at least make double sure of the fuel pressure before you start. If you set the initial timing to anything other than zero, you have to modify the ADX. Its not hard but you have to do it in order for the logging to be correct, or if you know this just be sure to mentally add your base timing to the data.

Fuel Injected!
    I've just started to have a look at your new bin, you have EGR still turned on?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    You have the temperature for closed loop activation set very low for some reason and I'd reduce the time it takes for PE to kick in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    The FP gauge is on the areomotive regulator, is that gauge considered a good one?IMG_5635.jpg I'll change the EGR, I assumed 255 for min speed (on) would disabling it. I didn't change the closed loop setting but will correct it.
    Last edited by dhworkin; 05-09-2019 at 11:12 PM. Reason: wrong word

Yes its not great but it will get you in the ballpark. What is the fuel pressure set at? The PE Setting can be misleading, there are a lot of rules to bypass it anyway. I would not mess with it much unless your wideband log shows you going lean at WOT. Too quick and you can kiss any mileage goodbye. I lowered mine a little but nothing close to what is always recommended here.
    Last edited by donf; 05-09-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    fuel pressure is set at 23

Fuel Injected!
    It's hard to get my heavy van moving when closed loop wants to keep it at 14.7-1, early PE helps to take over where AE runs out and certainly makes my WB AFR's look better under moderate load.

Fuel Injected!
    correction, I lowered it to 23 after that log. It was at 28 with the log I posted

If you are using the 61lb injectors rated at 12/13psi. Here is what my sheet says they will flow. It says 82 and you have 90 listed in your sheet. Not a huge difference but it it will skew your VE if they really do flow 81 and your telling the computer they do 90.

23PSI.jpg

You are fine just decide where you want it to be and do the math and put that number in the flow rate.

Fuel Injected!
    OK, I'm going to set FP back to 28 and do a proper data log tomorrow morning and post it. Thank you for using your time to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitch View Post
    It's hard to get my heavy van moving when closed loop wants to keep it at 14.7-1, early PE helps to take over where AE runs out and certainly makes my WB AFR's look better under moderate load.
    I don't doubt that. If the wide band readings are off, I would not stand in anyone's way that really needs more PE. I just know even with the later LS stuff people always tend to bring the PE in way too early and then wonder where their mileage went.