Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: low BLM

Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    OK, I'm going to set FP back to 28 and do a proper data log tomorrow morning and post it. Thank you for using your time to help.
    No problem, the ve table in your current bin looks really close to stock and with the increase in pressure and the modified engine, its is not going to be happy in some areas. I noticed in your log there were a lot of rich areas but there were lean cells too at the top. Once you log a good test drive and do some hand editing, you will probably be in a better place and it will just get better with more work. Just curious do you have the Harris chip bin to post? I just like to look at different tunes even if they don't end up working well.

Fuel Injected!
    I guess if I had my VE table really dialed in I could potentially run in open loop all the time...but it's not.
    In my case in closed loop the PCM holds onto stoich for dear life and sometimes going up hill I need to give it more throttle just to get PE active and richen it up. (having to wait an additional 15 seconds on top of that would be frustrating).
    You are right and PE requirements do really vary with the vehicle and driving style.

Fuel Injected!
    This is the Harris binJHENDRY Vortec L31 BJYL.bin. This bin made the a transmission down shift noise when coming to a stop.

Thank you very much, for that! I was just curious. In his credit, he did a lot more than JET does, but left a lot of important areas stock. It looks like he just boosted up the timing tables and messed up the trans settings and called it good. All fuel tables and enrichment settings are stock on that bin.
    Last edited by donf; 05-10-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey there, I’m back at it. I started having idle problems so I started looking at the IAC and noticed it would not extending out when A and B at the ALDL are jumped. So I installed a new IAC and it would not extend, removed it and pulled the spring back on the old one and screwed the end out far enough to get it to closed when it was reinstated, then I set the stop screw to idle at 525rpms. After I shut it down and reconnected the IAC I could see it moving back and forth. It is erratic and goes 675 to 525 rpms with a stumble and constant surge at low speed crushing and idle. I suspect the PCM. What would cause this? Everything is clean and all is testing normal. D55C27B7-10DC-4B6F-910E-DCC2F8E72B4C.jpg4B35AA24-FE05-402E-B497-3096A275B11B.jpgA5CEFE6B-5658-4B99-8390-3278317B139F.jpg
    Last edited by dhworkin; 06-22-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I have a very similar setup as yours. I have 65pph injectors with 24psi fpr. I has a very rump, rump rump at idle in park only. It wound up being the VE table not being smoothed out after using the excel spreadsheet, I am using Daves wbo2 excel sheet not the blm one. but from what nuekam just told me is it uses the cells directly around the cell for that rpm/map and if it is closer to the map rpm above, next, below it it will start to use that cell's data. if the 2 are too far off then it will ramp up and down. Also if you have major timing differences between the cells it will dot a very similar thing. At least this is what my issue was.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...standing/page4
    he explains in post #54. I also has a very slight surge at low throttle like .7v tps and that went away also once I fixed the VE table.
    Not sure what you are running but I have 26deg at idle in the SA. Hopefully this might help.

Fuel Injected!
    I know that will help, but if the IAC won’t extend when a&b are jumped and I can’t set the idle screw, I don’t think I can get that right until this is good. Does it sound like the computer is bad?

Jumping the A & B aldl pins will not extend the IAC pintle on the later PCM's . I just adjust the minimum air screw until it shows ~10 counts at hot idle. You may have to adjust the screw and the shut the vehicle off for 20 seconds or so a couple of times to get it right. The surge can be causedby timing or fuel mixture. I had to lower the proportional gains in the idle O2 settings to control the surge in my setup. When viewing the datastream, look at the O2 voltage when the surge is occurring in monitors. You will probably see the surge happening with the O2 going full rich, then really lean.

Hope this helps

Brian

Fuel Injected!
    It’s good to know that info. I got it to drop as low as 20 counts, but the Ac and elect fans makes it unstable. I’m going to post a datalog and my bin as soon as I get home. It does stumble when the o2 readings go low. Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    iac1idle.xdlBJYK_95_C-K_Truck_5_7.bin a short log at idle and the bin that I'm running. How bad is it?
    /

Fuel Injected!
    I’ve had enough! It’s not running rich anymore, but it sure is running like a pile. Shaking, shuddering, stalling and major hesitation. Please help! I can afford a new truck, a new motor to replace this new motor or another type of full delivery system. I just can’t afford losing my mind. I have never had problems like this.

I’ve had enough! It’s not running rich anymore, but it sure is running like a pile. Shaking, shuddering, stalling and major hesitation. Please help! I can afford a new truck, a new motor to replace this new motor or another type of full delivery system. I just can’t afford losing my mind. I have never had problems like this.
    Did you log your drives in tunerpro? What do the BLM history tables look like when you peek at them? I am using the A217-OD files
    Yes, I just ran your sample file from 2 weeks ago in tunerpro and your original not good at all. Way way rich. The original is better by a tiny bit.
    Last edited by donf; 07-15-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Yes I have TP5. My datalogs have been all over the place (one day ok and the next day not ok) so I bought a actron FP gauge and stuck it behind the windshield wiper. First day needle went to the 28 psi that I have the regulator set at as soon as I keyed the ignition and was bouncing from 27 to 29 but would steady out with throttle. Second day I started the truck then looked at the gauge and it showed no pressure, so I drove off and it slowly built up. Today same, so I put the hose on the relief valve and triggered the button and a small amount of fuel came out the pressure dropped to 0 then built slowly back up to 28psi. 20k miles on the build and I installed a new AC Delco vortec pump, new AC Delco fuel filter,cleaned and flushed out tank and lines. Would the truck idle and drive if there were no pressure?

Yes I have TP5. My datalogs have been all over the place (one day ok and the next day not ok) so I bought a actron FP gauge and stuck it behind the windshield wiper. First day needle went to the 28 psi that I have the regulator set at as soon as I keyed the ignition and was bouncing from 27 to 29 but would steady out with throttle. Second day I started the truck then looked at the gauge and it showed no pressure, so I drove off and it slowly built up. Today same, so I put the hose on the relief valve and triggered the button and a small amount of fuel came out the pressure dropped to 0 then built slowly back up to 28psi. 20k miles on the build and I installed a new AC Delco vortec pump, new AC Delco fuel filter,cleaned and flushed out tank and lines. Would the truck idle and drive if there were no pressure?
    Fix the fuel issue before you adjust anything else. No its not normal to have zero pressure then slowly build. Do a fuel volume test and a dead head pressure test, instructions can be found online. There are a lot of reasons the pressure or volume can be low. You just have to find the one that's effecting your vehicle.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks