Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: low BLM

Fuel Injected!
    I should have the wideband installed by 3:00 PM EST

If you have the newer X series Aem Wide band you may want this. Not sure if its the latest version I fixed but its a lot closer than whats in the archives here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    It’s the x series 30-0300. I’m confused about the B 16 terminal location, the diagram says BRN and if I’m looking at the connector B16 is blue wire.
    Last edited by dhworkin; 08-25-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Its been a year and more since I wired in the wideband. I do know the instructions in the zip file were very thorough. I think the connectors are labeled. If they are find that pin wire colors do vary at times.

Fuel Injected!
    My truck is a 95 GMC 1500 with 7427 PCM, BJXL memcal. From what I have read on this site I should connect the output from the wideband to the wire from the B16 terminal at the red connector. My red connector has no wire in the B16 terminal so I went a year back to the 94 pinout chart via Troubleshootmyvehicle.com and my wiring harness matches the 94 chart on that site. It shows the EGR solenoid at blue connector, E-1 pin and gray wire. Have I misunderstood the process? Or do I have one of those last year trucks?

Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    My truck is a 95 GMC 1500 with 7427 PCM, BJXL memcal. From what I have read on this site I should connect the output from the wideband to the wire from the B16 terminal at the red connector. My red connector has no wire in the B16 terminal so I went a year back to the 94 pinout chart via Troubleshootmyvehicle.com and my wiring harness matches the 94 chart on that site. It shows the EGR solenoid at blue connector, E-1 pin and gray wire. Have I misunderstood the process? Or do I have one of those last year trucks?
    There is not suppose to be a wire there. I had to unpin a used harness at the wrecker to get the 2" of wire and the correct terminal.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks, I'll get that terminal in a couple days. I drove around with the wideband working and the hesitation when accelerating from a stop is a lean condition (17 to 18) and when you stab the throttle it falls on it's face, is lean beyond the gauge, then it will recover and go to 12. Cruses at 16 to 17

Cool progress! There is a special tool to unpin the connector, I got them off the tool truck long ago. If its a wrecker maybe you can make do with something. When I started I made the mistake of adding too much acceleration enrichment. You will end up with a soggy response and your fuel mileage will be awful. You definitely need to ad some, just be careful to sneak up on it and don't be afraid to take a little out if you over shoot. There are a lot of threads here on $0D and AE, So read away.

Fuel Injected!
    I have a question about the 30-0300 wiring, do I use the blue wire or the white analog wire at the B 16 terminal?

Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    I have a question about the 30-0300 wiring, do I use the blue wire or the white analog wire at the B 16 terminal?
    White 0-5v

Did you get it working?

Fuel Injected!
    I tried and I’m working on it now. I didn’t connect the brown ground wire to chassis, should I do it?

The brown must be grounded. I grounded mine on the engine ground and the pcm to eliminate any chance. One or the other would probably work fine though.

Fuel Injected!
    My internet has been down for three days or I would post a data log. I’m using the adx that you posted and the desired AFR is active but the WBO2 AFR stays at 7.3 in the dash and in the history tables.

Fuel Injected!
    Not working with chassis ground. What’s the grounding pin location at the PCM?