Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: low BLM

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    Fast355, you said you've posted a vortec spark map numerous times, I've looked but I cant find anything. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to do this (not that I don't want to) and will need to pay to get it right. I can load bins, datalogging, built a history table for blm, smooth ve tables, downloaded and learned excel so I can use Dave w's work sheets but I cant find a timing table for my next step. I need this to happen a lot faster.
    I just noticed your question. Your PE spark advance table would match the 1.15 or 1.20 equivalence row on the Vortec. The main spark advance table is copied into the idle tables on the Vortec setup too. I have never seen a reason to use different values for Off-Idle and Idle spark tables.

Last edited by Fast355; 04-18-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    IMG_5633.jpgThe table in my bin has a 600 and 1000 RPM column and doesn't have a 0 RPM. I thought the vortec timing table would have the same RPM columns as the table in mine.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    I'm going to install a areomotive 13301 regulator. What I understand is that you block off the reg on the TB, flow is from pump to 13301 and out to fuel inlet on TB, run return line from 13301 to tank. What happens to the return line at TB, does it get plugged?
    On ebay somebody makes a nice chromed block off plate for the tbi. Comes woth plate, screws and gasket. I think i paid somewhere between 10-20 bucks for it. Works perfect. And i bought a cheap aeromotive knockoff off ebay and put a aeromotive diaphragm in it. With it after the return line. All AN lines. Works flawlessly. Im running about 35 PSI of FP.

Fuel Injected!
    Thank's ph4ze, I made a plate from 3/16 aluminum and used the factory screws. I have a friend that's a TA2 driver and he let me have the AN fittings and lines at no cost so I splurged on the aeromotive.

Fuel Injected!
    Do you have a photo of your external regulator setup?

Fuel Injected!
    IMG_5635.jpgIMG_5649.jpgIMG_5651.jpg NXOEE5864.JPG I had to buy two fittings that the shop didn't have, the 991954 for the TBI outlet and the 165056 that is a compression fitting for the hard return line.

Fuel Injected!
    I don't want to change my table or do anything abnormal. My main spark table has different RPM values than the vortec spark table and I'm not able to paste from vortec table to my spark table bc of that. Am I trying to use the wrong table in my bin? Is there a vortec spark table that has the same RPM values as the main spark table that I'm trying to use? pic on post #17

Fuel Injected!
    You're not going to add columns or rows in your bin. Just copy the vortec ones that are there into yours. If yours has a column or row that the vortec table doesn't have then I would take the average of the two and plug that into your table.
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 04-21-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks stew 86, my timing is much better. VE Adjustments are not going so well, my long term has come from 90 to 105 but will not go lean by VE adjuments. I think my problem might be mechanical/wiring related and want to know what you guys think it might be

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Throw the Harris chip in the garbage can and start over with a stock file for your truck.

If you are running without a cat that cam will always have a slight fuel smell to it around idle.

Assuming you are running the stock 61 lb/hr 350 injectors the 18 psi spring, much less the 14 psi spring is low. Going to need more like 22-24 psi to support the 350-375 HP that engine is capable of.

You need to get a performance oriented Vortec spark map like the one I have posted numerous times on here in the timing maps. From there you need to up the fuel pressure to atleast 22 psi. Set your injector flow constant to match the new flow rate. From there you will need to dial in the VE table.
    Have you set your NEW injector flow constant? You need to do this first and can calculate it bottom of page here: https://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php

What are you doing to the VE tables that made it move from 90 to 105? Don't get me wrong...I want you to dumb it down so I know you know what you're doing.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for helping me with the injector calculator. I left the constant at 61 pph bc I didn’t know that it had to be changed. You want to make sure that I know what I’m doing, the obvious answer is (not really). So with 350 hp the calculator says 109 pph, does that mean that I should change the constant to 109? I input 12 for old and 22 for new fp and I got a new flow rate of 24, what should I do with that calculation? Thanks for the help, I am enjoying the process.

Fuel Injected!
    My PCM has provision for a scalar to set the "Injector Flow Rate (TBI lb/hr)", I just input the new calculated value there.
    This is not the most technical explanation but I've found if you just increased the fuel pressure you would be way rich, you can manually edit the VE table to compensate for the increased fuel flow (reduce the values) or in my case I can just change the Injector flow rate and seems to have a similar effect.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    With my 8626 PCM the Injector flow rate value is also used for the TunerPro MPG calculations.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, I was doing it wrong. I tend to complicate the easiest of things. As soon as I looked at your screen shot I understood. Thanks Kitch. I understand TP5 and have no problem making changes, my question was about the why and not how, bc I input old FP, then new FP but didn’t fill in old flow rate before calculating and was getting unusable numbers.
    Last edited by dhworkin; 05-07-2019 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Wrong word selection

Quote Originally Posted by Kitch View Post
    My PCM has provision for a scalar to set the "Injector Flow Rate (TBI lb/hr)", I just input the new calculated value there.
    This is not the most technical explanation but I've found if you just increased the fuel pressure you would be way rich, you can manually edit the VE table to compensate for the increased fuel flow (reduce the values) or in my case I can just change the Injector flow rate and seems to have a similar effect.
    $OD Bin has this too and I learned if you over or under estimate it you can end up with some really impressive or unimpressive VE% depending on what way you go. A lot of other ecms have the same thing. On another board some hot head was bragging that his VE% was way over normal, he got schooled by the other members. There are spread sheets here that help you figure out the proper numbers. The best way is to have the injectors cleaned and tested at a particular pressure.