Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
That bin made the BLM's really good, but it didn't want to go. 1228.xdl I know the truck should run ok with a stock bin and a lot better with this bin, but it's horrible to drive with those bins. I can't figure it out, why does it need so much timing? Why does it run better in open loop? Why does it run better with the esc wire disconnected? Do I have a bad distributor, a internal mechanical failure? I'm almost to the point of tearing it down.
I would buy a TDC locator/stop once you have one it's easy to see if the balancer has slipped or the marks are in the wrong place. If your balancer is off then everything that builds on that will be also. With a fresh rebuild that's one of the first things I do, even before the heads go on, as they have been known to get mismatched. Now that its complete its still not hard to double check. You can check your advance latency through the rpm range incase a module is messing up. Just set the whole table to the same fixed number and get a good light. Plug in the timing connector, warm the engine up and have a buddy rev the engine very slowly. If you see changes that's a clue as it should be fixed at all points.