Thread: low BLM

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    Hey guys, I need help with the truck running rich. It's a 95 with a 7427, L31r create motor, lun20080660 cam, spr 220 tbi ported 46mm, Harris chip w/upgrade fuel pump, headers to 3 inch single exhaust w/ 3 wire 02 sensor and EGR deleted. It has a 18lb spring in regulator and I've ordered a 14lb spring to use if needed. The injectors spray in the cone pattern with no dripping. I have no other problems, just bad gas mileage and strong exhaust smell. here is a data log at idle that might have codes set because I had tested sensors and didn't clear. Thanks, and let me know if I need to log data in a certain way
    Throw the Harris chip in the garbage can and start over with a stock file for your truck.

If you are running without a cat that cam will always have a slight fuel smell to it around idle.

Assuming you are running the stock 61 lb/hr 350 injectors the 18 psi spring, much less the 14 psi spring is low. Going to need more like 22-24 psi to support the 350-375 HP that engine is capable of.

You need to get a performance oriented Vortec spark map like the one I have posted numerous times on here in the timing maps. From there you need to up the fuel pressure to atleast 22 psi. Set your injector flow constant to match the new flow rate. From there you will need to dial in the VE table.
    Last edited by Fast355; 01-02-2019 at 08:39 PM.