Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: low BLM

Fuel Injected!
    Was running a different/downloaded bin through the Osrich. I removed the adapter, ribbon cable and ostrich from the truck and installed the chip that I bought from Harris into the pcm. No more 23,000 spark advance, it idles smooth and doesn’t stall, and has power again. But I’m back to running very rich.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm glad to have found the problem and would like to burn a chip. I have spent a lot of money because of the problem with the Ostrich and it looks like I'll be spending some more. What do I get from Moates to make it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    No more 23,000 spark advance,.
    That is not a ostrich problem it's a tuner pro bug and other software like 1320's android program that are based on the same files in software only at least in $0D. It can happen anytime the total timing goes to retard = lower than the initial advance. A quick comparison between the two bins you mention shows exactly why the 23,000 is not showing up with the Harris bin. It's got much higher total advance. You can duplicate the 23,000 bug almost constantly in tuner pro by mostly setting a very high initial advance and then having all the cells on the timing table set to less than that. I spent a lot of time to try to figure out that deal. It's a tuner pro glitch nothing more. I did not see you mention you never burned a chip before. I use the ostrich for one day and did find it buggy. One time it suddenly corrupted the bin file on the dyno so bad it would not run. I thought I had popped the computer, but once the ostrich was removed and the same file flashed to the real chip, it was fine again. It's good for trying different stuff in a hurry but its not the final word.
    Last edited by donf; 12-02-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Update, when I load a bin with the WBo2 functional the glitch 23,000 happens and there is no power. When I load a bin without the WBO2 in it, it doesn't happen and the power is there, that's why the harris memcal installed directly into the ecm worked without the glitch, the WBO2 is not enabled in it. After burning a couple chips and then reinstalling the Ostrich2 I was able to figure it out. The Ostrich works great but like you said(donf) its not the final word. Its nice to have a chip burner.

Fuel Injected!
    121 bin is with wideband121.xdl jjjjjj bin is without wideband jjjjjj.xdl. Why do you think using a bin with wideband is taking timing out?

121 bin is with wideband121.xdl jjjjjj bin is without wideband jjjjjj.xdl. Why do you think using a bin with wideband is taking timing out?
    I did not look at the files but I remember before you had trouble with a fan or something because you had it hooked in into the computer control harness. If the wide band is not hooked directly to a keyed power terminal on the fuze or junction box and grounded properly it needs to be. Hooking in into the egr power or something else engine control related will cause you to chase yourself in circles.

Fuel Injected!
    Yesterday I changed my altitude spark bias to 0 and the 23,000 glitch is not happening and I have power again. Thank you

Fuel Injected!
    Yesterday I changed my altitude spark bias to 0 and the 23,000 glitch is not happening and I have power again. Thank you
    Return the altitude bias back to stock and add timing in the main timing table in the effected area.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Return the altitude bias back to stock and add timing in the main timing table in the effected area.
    Do this, all you did by removing the altitude bias is add ten degrees everywhere even if it doesn't show in the logs. Tuner pro is sort of unrestricted. You can mess things up just as fast as you can help. Not a knock on you, I did the same thing only to change it back once I figured it out. The 23000 error is an error in the tunerpro logging nothing else. It's easy to not get it by bumping up the timing and not having the computer go into retard.

Fuel Injected!
    I set altitude spark bias back to stock and raised timing in the main table to get ride of the negative spark. It feels like it needs more timing, do I increase until there is knock and then back it down? It's running much better but it has a slight hesitation when I start from a stop under light throttle. knew.bin What does the average vortec spark table look like? Here is what I've done so far. Thanks for continuing to help and for keeping me in check. 12262.xdl

Fuel Injected!
    Try this one out. It looks like the higher maps need more fuel in places. I put an average vortec spak map into it. I also put in a fuel map from another vortec and decreased your injector flow scaler so that the VE table has enough room to add in more fuel after subsequent logs. I alsp raised the idle speed to be more appropriate for the cam.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Fast355; 12-27-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    That bin made the BLM's really good, but it didn't want to go. 1228.xdl I know the truck should run ok with a stock bin and a lot better with this bin, but it's horrible to drive with those bins. I can't figure it out, why does it need so much timing? Why does it run better in open loop? Why does it run better with the esc wire disconnected? Do I have a bad distributor, a internal mechanical failure? I'm almost to the point of tearing it down.

Fuel Injected!
    That bin made the BLM's really good, but it didn't want to go. 1228.xdl I know the truck should run ok with a stock bin and a lot better with this bin, but it's horrible to drive with those bins. I can't figure it out, why does it need so much timing? Why does it run better in open loop? Why does it run better with the esc wire disconnected? Do I have a bad distributor, a internal mechanical failure? I'm almost to the point of tearing it down.
    What is your initial timing set at with the EST wire off? I noticed the setting in that bin was for 10° BTDC. If the distributor is timed at 0° or TDC that would be why it wants so much timing in the spark advance tables. Set the distributor for 10° with the EST wire disconnected.

Fuel Injected!
    Initial is at 9.8 I set fuel pressure at 13 lbs when I used the bin you sent because the the flow rate was 62

Fuel Injected!
    Yes the timing was set with ESC wire disconnect.