Thread: Trouble connecting 1320 BT ALDL to tunerproRT

Electronic Ignition!

Trouble connecting 1320 BT ALDL to tunerproRT

I have a 1988 Chevy C1500, with a 7747 ECM, and I have a 1320 electronics BT ALDL cable. I cant get TunerproRT to connect. I can however, connect to the ALDL scan app using this cable on my phone.

My computer is an Acer switch alpha 12, running windows 10(?).

I have the adapter recognized and paired with the computer. I found it to be on COM6, per the 1320 instructions. I have "enhanced mode" switch #4 off, but have tried it in the on position as well. Same with switch #1 for the 10k resistor.

When I open TunerproRT , with a bin loaded, ADX file and XDF file chosen - $42. When I select the opposing arrows I get an attempting to connect message, then not connected displays after a few seconds. If I select the wrong COM port, it wont even try to connect. I only get this far with COM6 selected, which is the COM port for the BT ALDL "cable"

Since I am able to connect and read data using my phone, I know the cable is working. I think it must be a setting on Tunerpro or more liklely- my computer not allowing communication.

Can anyone give me any ideas? I really need this to work so I can use my Moates Ostrich and tune this thing.

I thought I read somewhere that it might not work with a COM port higher than 4. Try changing your port in Device Manager. Also, make sure your settings in TunerPro RT Tools/Preferences/Configure Plug-in Component (on the left side) is set to "Standard Serial" and not "Shared with Emulator". It should also show the same COM port you set in Device Manager

Fuel Injected!
    In your adx file, change the baud rate from 4800 to 9600. The BT adapters convert between 4800 or 8192 baud to 9600 baud. Let us know if that helps or not.

Electronic Ignition!
    I did change the baud to 9600, I forgot to mention that sorry. I'll try the com Port setting. I have the feeling I'm missing something, o r it's just my laptop restricting access - sometimes I have difficulty accessing public WiFi did to firewalls that I can't seem to keep selected appropriately

With the 7747 ECM, I was able to connect with Com Port 4, 4800 baud, and Standard serial setting under Data Aq./Emulation tab in Tools/Preferences in TunerPro Rt running Windows 10 on my HP laptop. Don't use the 10K resistor across pins A & B.

Fuel Injected!
    screen6.jpg

I played with my setup a little tonight. Win10 certainly does not like to easily cooperate with Bluetooth SPP devices. They have changed some things around. Win10 still associates two COM ports to one BT SPP device. I'm attaching a screen shot. Under services, you want to verify that a service is listed, and use the COM port associated with that service in TunerPro. When Win10 gets cranky it deletes the service and the COM port isn't available. If you use the other COM port TunerPro doesn't do anything. If the service isn't available, I would recommend uninstalling the device, rebooting the computer, then try everything over again. Any yet, things "just work" on Android!

My mistake, I didn't notice you were messing with Blue Tooth connectivity. I was talking about USB ALDL, sorry.

http://aldlcable.com/aldl.asp