Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: End of Injection Timing Open Discussion

Actually, the best use for FLIR is in finding electrical faults. Go after the hot spots.

Had to gather all these unique tools because of the pressed-on cam lobes in both gm and fords that used to slip during an overheat scenario, leaving me with an unknown cam duration and timing mystery with the difficulty of proving it to the customer. They both later fixed the cheap, hollow cam issue, but I had the burden of proof for warranty validation. Ford misfire data was unavailable, also. The pressure sensor helped me find the faulty cylinder cam lobe. A cylinder pressure waveform vs MAP sensor readings would tell one what the cam and valves are doing.

Here is a link that teaches cylinder pressure waveform interpretation. It is very good.
    http://autoditex.com/page/cylinder-p...nsor-64-1.html

There is a PDF download button on that page. The pressure transducer is far more useful than the FLIR. Get it first, I say.

Here is a waveform breakdown pictures with various scenarios. broken valvetrain items, vvt engagement, etc.
    https://www.automotivetestsolutions....ts-page-1.html

if you are programming for a camshaft combo, this should help with the plotting and planning of injector on/off times, I hope.
    Last edited by vilefly; 02-01-2019 at 02:35 AM.

EOIT- Note to Kur4o

NOTE:
    ========
    Kur4o: Appolgies, I could have pm'd you but if you're like me, I don't seem to get notifications of mail.

I'd like to bring to everyone's attention that I've seen the freaky injection PW issue again.
    I used to reflash with EEHack 4.70.
    On several occasions I've flashed with Kur4o's version 4.92 (December) and earlier versions.
    I reflashed recently and have seen the differing PW issue again. Reflashed with 4.7 and it's gone away.
    The car ran fine so I think it's a logging or reporting issue rather than a PCM issue and the log shows the issue when viewed in either version.

On suspiscion of this issue I've rechecked my EOIT timing test and the issue is showing up on that log.

On the two attached images you can see the differences on the IPW

I feel this invalidates my test. Has anyone reproduced or seen this?

I've replaced the PCM and reflashed with EEHack 4.70 without issue.

Mitch
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '95 Z28 M6 -Just the odd mod.
    '80 350 A3 C3 Corvette - recent addition.

I have had some time to mess with eiot in eehack. Before I was getting the big cam problems strong fuel smell showing lean when you can tell it wasn't ect. So adjusting my eoit down 5* at a time I noticed my AFR going more rich so i kept repeating the steps till I seen no change in the AFR. now it shows it is rich and removing fuel witch the wideband conferms that it is rich. I ended up at 146 on the eoit. Less fuel smell and better response. Now my ve table is not that great it's red all over in the cells in the analyzer. Very happy with the outcome so far just need more tuning

Thanks for reporting your results! Assuming you were going by the eehack slider values in degrees, 146 would be a value of 0x1a in the table?

I'm curious to see what develops as you start to remap your VE table.

Quote Originally Posted by spfautsch View Post
    Thanks for reporting your results! Assuming you were going by the eehack slider values in degrees, 146 would be a value of 0x1a in the table?

I'm curious to see what develops as you start to remap your VE table.
    Yes that should be correct but I will check on that number and post it. Yes the ve tables should be fun lol

I'm currently working on my tune trying to basically do the same thing you just did and god am i lost. I'm running a 60123 from lunati worked out my eoit needs to be right around that same 146 area but i know nothing about hex like at all. I'm using eextrav0[1].001[mod_v0005_03_02]v6_1.xdf or so it says. What in the world do i enter? Any help?
    smart enough to feel stupid

I'm no good with hex. I don't think u have to change anything in hex if you changed the eoit you should be good to go. Have you tried ve turning after you set the eiot ? What is your AFR running now ?

I believe the EOIT table in the xdf shows degrees after TDC of the prior compression stroke.
    If you right click on the table header you can see the hex which is in terms of 90 degree pulses before TDC of the upcoming compression stroke.

For my stock B-body the hex value is $50, and the displayed value is 270.
    The hex converts to 450 degrees (5*90 + 0*5.625) before TDC of the upcoming compression stroke.
    This is equivalent to 270 degrees (720-450) after TDC of the the prior compression stroke.

Hope this helps, and others please correct me if I've missed something.

Jim
    1995 Caprice 9C1 LT1 - 4.10s, Dynomax Catback, K&N Cold Air Kit, Other Little Stuff
    1996 Caprice 9C1 LT1 - 3.73s, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Stroked 388 View Post
    I'm no good with hex. I don't think u have to change anything in hex if you changed the eoit you should be good to go. Have you tried ve turning after you set the eiot ? What is your AFR running now ?
    For some reason it would only take if i entered in hex value so mine shows 60 stock I'm at 66 now and in calc view i see 146 now instead of 180 that i had at 60. My afris pretty much useless as a reference currently because i didn't log my last run to see how much it was pulling but seemed to hang around my target 14.3 at idle (e10) and 15.6 cruise but again no way of knowing whst it was doing there. I'll be flashing my base ve table on and taking it from 157 to 146 this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by JimCT_9C1 View Post
    I believe the EOIT table in the xdf shows degrees after TDC of the prior compression stroke.
    If you right click on the table header you can see the hex which is in terms of 90 degree pulses before TDC of the upcoming compression stroke.

For my stock B-body the hex value is $50, and the displayed value is 270.
    The hex converts to 450 degrees (5*90 + 0*5.625) before TDC of the upcoming compression stroke.
    This is equivalent to 270 degrees (720-450) after TDC of the the prior compression stroke.

Hope this helps, and others please correct me if I've missed something.

Jim
    This cleared things up. Think i might actually know what I'm doing now haha. Thanks

Are you going to be using theTrimalizer program it will speed up the process and very easy to work with

Quote Originally Posted by Stroked 388 View Post
    Are you going to be using theTrimalizer program it will speed up the process and very easy to work with
    Oh yeah i love trimalyzer only way to go

Need to be careful when talking a degree value for EOIT to make sure changes are as intended.
    For the 146 degree case discussed in the above posts I see both $66 is 574 BTDC compression (146 ATDC) and $1A which is 146 BTDC compression.

Jim
    1995 Caprice 9C1 LT1 - 4.10s, Dynomax Catback, K&N Cold Air Kit, Other Little Stuff
    1996 Caprice 9C1 LT1 - 3.73s, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by JimCT_9C1 View Post
    Need to be careful when talking a degree value for EOIT to make sure changes are as intended.
    For the 146 degree case discussed in the above posts I see both $66 is 574 BTDC compression (146 ATDC) and $1A which is 146 BTDC compression.

Jim
    I'm talkin $66 eoit

Did you change every temp range for EIOT the same amount ?