Thread: And Yet, another Newb

Electronic Ignition!

And Yet, another Newb

Thanks for the add to the forum, and while I have been checking out the forum for some time now, I believed this is the place to be since I have ordered a Moates APU1 system for my 93 Gmt400 platform truck I recently did a frame off resto to last year. I have done extensive modes to this truck mechanically taking a 90 1500 sbss and a 93 k2500 rclb to make a 2500HD short wheel base step side 4x4 with a 454. No easy task but I was able to pull it off. Now that I have had some seat time, I would like to take the next step in being able to tune the truck for a NV4500 swap from the old 4L80e that's just about had it. If I can figure out how to accomplish that... I should be on my way to fine tuning the big block for all she's worth.. at some point. What I have learned so far from this forum has been emense, but there is so much more to learn
    again.. thanks for welcoming me into the dark side... lol
    Darin

Electronic Ignition!
    Well I received the Moates APU1 complete kit with the G1 adaptor. I have my laptop recognizing the hardware... a good 1st step imo... only thing is getting it to talk to the truck, which I don't really want to try just yet as the 4L80e is on it's way out and is leaking trans fluid real bad when running(among other issues). My main reason for getting into this is I've ordered an NV4500 and will be switching the auto out for the manual(as mentioned above). I have downloaded all pertinent XDF & ADX files for a 16147060 Ecm along with the my stock Bin (BANC) and a manual Bin (BHDC) for a standard trans. So far everything has been going smooth as a cows slobber.. lol... As I read more from this forum, I'm really starting to gain some understanding.. Read.. Some!!... certainly a huge learning curve.. your knowledge, explanations and vast files to download have helped Big Time... and for that.. I thank you..!!