Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: '87 350 TBI, custom application, looking to go bare-bones

Administrator
    The heated O2 will not cause closed loop idle if you have an open loop idle calibration.
    If you are using the engine in an off-road application there is no need to use an O2 sensor or to restrict yourself to 14.7:1 AFR.
    I would suggest installing a check engine light, or at least a convenient connector where a light could be installed. You currently have no feedback to indicate a problem detected by the ecm. You also have no way to view "flash codes" which can be obtained with a simple jumper wire.

Fuel Injected!
    I would connect the heated oČ sensor like dave w said. This way the sensor reaches its working temperature much faster and will hold the temperature on near idle as well. When engine is running in closed loop , it is running efficiently and smoother. For your VSS problem have a look for a used DRAC module and only connect this to your ecm. For your wiring problems, we need the exact number on your ecm,there are wiring diagrams according to the ecm here on the forum.And install a SES light for safety.
    try this adx file and have a look to dashboards, there are different views.

When I read your earlier posts again, i realized that you have a complete FITECH system bought and mounted. I fear in this case you have to ask at fitech for a wiring diagramm and if you can connect heated O2 sensor and DRAC. Wiring diagrams here on the forum will not work!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mecanicus; 02-14-2019 at 01:43 PM. Reason: added files

If ur using 7747 there is a post under 1227747 wiring question.I think it may have the info u seek.I searched drac wire diagram and the second last on the list is that post.hth
    Jeeper
    87 sjimmy powered by a 92 cadillac 4.9L pfi on 7427pcm /700r4/ 8.8 3.55 rear/disc brakes.

I ran across this link which may help in your wiring/troubleshooting...

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/88-95...manuals.43575/

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicus View Post
    I would connect the heated oČ sensor like dave w said. This way the sensor reaches its working temperature much faster and will hold the temperature on near idle as well. When engine is running in closed loop , it is running efficiently and smoother. For your VSS problem have a look for a used DRAC module and only connect this to your ecm. For your wiring problems, we need the exact number on your ecm,there are wiring diagrams according to the ecm here on the forum.And install a SES light for safety.
    try this adx file and have a look to dashboards, there are different views.

When I read your earlier posts again, i realized that you have a complete FITECH system bought and mounted. I fear in this case you have to ask at fitech for a wiring diagramm and if you can connect heated O2 sensor and DRAC. Wiring diagrams here on the forum will not work!
    Hey Thanks Buddy.

The Fitech system is on my '68 GTO. the info I'm gathering here is for a 1987 R30 350TBI which I'm using as a base vehicle for a custom fabricated vehicle. I relocated the entire driver controls and have since done away with all the dash components and gauges. When I purchased the new ECM wire harness there were a few plugs that were not run, ie: VSS and TCC.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingWithTBI View Post
    I ran across this link which may help in your wiring/troubleshooting...

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/88-95...manuals.43575/
    Thia is fantastic! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.B.B. View Post
    If ur using 7747 there is a post under 1227747 wiring question.I think it may have the info u seek.I searched drac wire diagram and the second last on the list is that post.hth
    Hey thanks for the info, I did a search and wasn't sure If I landed on the same thread you were referring, can you post the link?

After running the VIN, it appears that this is a 1988 R30 not a '87... and looks like it's the TH400 not the 700R4.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...iring-question
    Hope that's how a link is posted.
    Jeeper
    87 sjimmy powered by a 92 cadillac 4.9L pfi on 7427pcm /700r4/ 8.8 3.55 rear/disc brakes.

Fuel Injected!
    Up to now you still didn`t tell us which ecm you have exactly. Here:http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ams-Tuner-Info!
    you should find your diagramm. DRAC normally has 6 connections: two are coming from the transmission, two are plus and minus, two go to the ecm.
    If you connect ecm and plus minus only, then error message should go.
    If you want to delete the TCC you need a socket for an eeprom, a 27xx512 and a programmer like the moates one or the xgpro TL866.Or you ask here on the forum if somebody will settings on your memcal.Everything is described here in the first thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicus View Post
    Up to now you still didn`t tell us which ecm you have exactly. .

Sorry about that, I thought I posted it earlier. It has the 7747 ECM.

There were a few wire connections that I didn't connect as I wasn't sure it would matter at the time.

• Wire to Stop Switch (Should this be connected for my application?)
    • Wire to Park / Neutral (Should this be connected for my application?)
    • VSS Plug - Complete dash was removed and discarded, just ordered the 2PRS Speed Sensor from JTR
    • TCC Plug - Looking at the Transmission, I wan't able to locate a plug in on the drivers side, further research and it looks like it has the TH400 Trans.

I spent a little time under the hood today and have a few questions.

The EGR Solinoid was not connected because the plug on the new harness was different then the old one. The previous harness had three wires where the new Harness has a two wire plug. (see attched photos)
    I can easily replace the plugs, but what is the third wire and is it needed?

EGR Solinoid.jpgEGR Solinoid wire colors.jpg

The VSS and TCC plugs were not connected.
    I ordered the 2PRS Speed Sensor from JTR. It looks like I have the TH400 Transmission, at this point I'm not really sure what to do with the TCC Plug.
    VSS-TCC.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

The 3 wire egr plug is for evrv.2 wire egr plug is egr solenoid.
    Pin A4 says egr.grey wire.
    The 3 wire for evrv is the same 2 wires as in the 2 wire egr solenoid plug.the 3rd wire is a ground.hth
    1227747--1.jpg
    20180906_215946.png
    Last edited by S.O.B.B.; 02-16-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    Jeeper

Ok, this is awesome..

So should I keep the EVRV and splice in the two wires into the old plug or should I swap out the EVRW with a EGR Vacuum Solenoid.
    https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...Solenoid&pos=0

The Truck is listed as a 1988, yet parts dealers don't show an R30 for 1998, I have to then search for the 1997 R30.

If u want it functional and the parts are functional it is that simple to swap connectors or if u don't want it to function you can disable it in tp. There is a pat h u can apply to disable it in your bin if you have the latest xdf
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...sion-(27SF512)
    Last edited by S.O.B.B.; 02-16-2019 at 08:45 AM.
    Jeeper