Here's my situation:

Back in 2014 I picked up an '87 r30 w/ 350 tbi to use as the base for a specialty vehicle I was creating. I have since radically modified the rig, including relocating the driver controls.

The vehicle never drives faster then 15-20 mph, averaging 5 mph, and most of the time during operation she sits at idle turning two high output alternators providing power back to 4 -12v "house" batteries.

The one issue I'm having is the motor runs very rich at idle and upon acceleration.

The old wiring harness was pretty beat up, and I wanted to keep things simple under the hood so I purchased a new wiring harness, new injectors, new o2 sensor, temp sending unit and Map sensor. When relocating the driver controls, the only wiring I brought up to the new driver location are the ignition wires. I installed new aftermarket fuel, temp and oil pressure gauges. Needless to say, I don't have the idiot lights ie: service engine lights etc. The new wiring harness does have the code reader, however I don't have a way to pull the codes.

I'd like to keep the tbi running with the bare min sensors, ie: 02, MAP, temp sensors. Which wires/sensors don't I need? What could be causing this extreme rich conditions? Could the ECM be in "limp" mode? Outside of the motor running rich, she has very little power, bogs down and really struggles to go over a speed bump at slow speeds and currently takes about 3-4 cranks to fire up. All of these issues began after installing the new wiring harness.

I don't have to worry about emissions either as this will never be registered as a street legal rig. Primarily for festivals, parades and special events so I don't need to run the smog pump etc.

Thanks in advance