Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: '87 350 TBI, custom application, looking to go bare-bones

Fuel Injected!
    You have the wiring diagramm from SOOB, there you can see pin B8 is coming from A/C pressure switch. Try to give it a minus signal alternatively a plus signal, if you are lucky, rpm will rise a bit!

[QUOTE=1project2many;74246]I'm sorry, but I seem to be having trouble seeing the relay or any of the wires attached to it. Maybe you have a wiring diagram and can match up wire colors?

Sorry about that, On the firewall there are two relays, the one on the left is the Fuel Pump Relay. It was already removed so that photo only showed what I believe could be the TH400 relay. Here are two photos, one showing the Fuel pump relay on the left which was removed and the relay in question.

I cleaned up the wires, the colors are a little faded, but it looks like orange, tan/blk, red/blk, brwn/blk?

relay2.jpg
    relay1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    There are new terms and procedures to programming along with a few new tools. But once you get the hang of it making changes can be easier and less time consuming than a tune-up on your R30. We can even help. It may be possible to locate a copy of your chip on the 'net which would allow viewing of the contents without actually disturbing the chip. There's a three or four letter code on the chip called a BCC. If you find that we can look for a file that is similar.
    Awesome! Thank you

BCC: AHWZ 7639

Just the few steps that DaveW had me take, ie: 3 wire O2 Sensor etc has the vehicle sounding and running much better at Idle.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicus View Post
    You have the wiring diagramm from SOOB, there you can see pin B8 is coming from A/C pressure switch. Try to give it a minus signal alternatively a plus signal, if you are lucky, rpm will rise a bit!
    On the new wiring harness there's a wire labeled AC Pressure which I haven't connected to anything.
    Please forgive me, what do you mean when you say give it a plus signal or minus signal?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgto68 View Post
    On the new wiring harness there's a wire labeled AC Pressure which I haven't connected to anything.
    Please forgive me, what do you mean when you say give it a plus signal or minus signal?
    I do not have a complete wiring diagram of such a car, but normaly ecm is controlled by minus signal (earth, ground). If the A/C pressure switch will ground that wire, you may do that manualy (by a switch) thus rpm could rise up these rpm`s you need even when engine is idling. Somebody mentioned this earlier in that thread.
    "AHWZ",is that your memcal? what is XUZA?

I do not have a complete wiring diagram of such a car, but normaly ecm is controlled by minus signal (earth, ground). If the A/C pressure switch will ground that wire, you may do that manualy (by a switch) thus rpm could rise up these rpm`s you need even when engine is idling. Somebody mentioned this earlier in that thread.
    "AHWZ",is that your memcal? what is XUZA?

Thank you! I'll do some more research on the AC Signal, I don't want to guess and fry my ecm. ;-)

AHWZ=
    20190217_114932.jpg

XUZA is the name of the rig. :-)

Fuel Injected!
    [QUOTE=Mrgto68;74258]
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I'm sorry, but I seem to be having trouble seeing the relay or any of the wires attached to it. Maybe you have a wiring diagram and can match up wire colors?

Sorry about that, On the firewall there are two relays, the one on the left is the Fuel Pump Relay. It was already removed so that photo only showed what I believe could be the TH400 relay. Here are two photos, one showing the Fuel pump relay on the left which was removed and the relay in question.

I cleaned up the wires, the colors are a little faded, but it looks like orange, tan/blk, red/blk, brwn/blk?

relay2.jpg
    relay1.jpg
    The 87 G20 305/3spd auto Van I put a 6.0L into had the same part number relay as the fuel pump for the kickdown for the 3L80 aka late model TH400 with a 350 output shaft that was in it.

Fuel Injected!
    The A/C on signal is +12VDC off the cycling switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    The A/C on signal is +12VDC off the cycling switch.
    Ok, so If I connected 12v to the AC wire from the ECM, this in theory should then increase the idle?
    If it does, then I could Mcgyver up a "fast idle" switch by running that AC wire to a switch.

This could solve one of the problems.. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post

The 87 G20 305/3spd auto Van I put a 6.0L into had the same part number relay as the fuel pump for the kickdown for the 3L80 aka late model TH400 with a 350 output shaft that was in it.
    Ok, so you're saying that the Relay I have in those photos are in fact the correct wires and relay for the TH400 trans?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgto68 View Post
    Ok, so If I connected 12v to the AC wire from the ECM, this in theory should then increase the idle?
    If it does, then I could Mcgyver up a "fast idle" switch by running that AC wire to a switch.

This could solve one of the problems.. Thanks for the info!
    Hello, i fear you have to set rpm manualy by a choke.
    I opened AHWZ.bin ( you can find it here on the forum) with the $42.xdf
    Wenn looking to scalars I found that there is no acceleration for A/C.
    Off course can you give the eprom to s.b. here on the forum to change this setting!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have bin AMUS for my 7747 ECM, it has IAC RPM added to Desired Idle with A/C on in Scalars, read the comment for setting this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PlayingWithTBI; 02-19-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingWithTBI View Post
    I have bin AMUS for my 7747 ECM, it has IAC RPM added to Desired Idle with A/C on in Scalars, read the comment for setting this.
    I sent you a private message. Would love to see if I can get my rig set up with this.

Off course can you give the eprom to s.b. here on the forum to change this setting!
    Thank you for looking into this for me. S.B.? is that a member on the forum?

Fuel Injected!
    " S.B.? is that a member on the forum? "
    a lot of them : somebody . lol