Gearing up to do a TBI conversion on my 86 K20 (350/700r4/NP208). It’s not my first time, but it’s been a minute since I’ve done one and could use a little refresher on a couple of things.

1. VSS: Last conversion I did was on an 84 GMc w/ a 700r4. I used the VSS from JTR to control TC lockup and eliminate any potential for drivability issues. That truck was 2wd. My new rig is 4WD. Is the VSS from JTR still good to go? Anything different on 4WD vs 2WD as far as the conversion goes?

2. Knock sensor/EGR delete: I read somewhere that the knock sensor is not required if you delete EGR. Apparently the KS only operates in conjunction with the EGR system? Any truth to that? Not sure if it’s kosher…last conversion I had no EGR valve, but I still ran a knock sensor.

3. Harness: I’m going to pull the trigger on a harness after the holidays. The last harness I bought was from Fuel Injection Connection, which I was really happy with. Just checking to see if FIC was still good to go. If not, any other recommended harness builders out there?

4. Fuel lines: I heard a tip somewhere that there was a company out there making flexible SS braided lines with the correct fittings for the supply and return on the TB, but I can’t seem to find that info anywhere. I thought I saved it on my phone, but I guess I didn’t. Anybody know anything about that?