Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N need of tbi chip

Quote Originally Posted by gttagO View Post
    Block bored .30 over , valve lift int .420 exh .443, cam lift int .280 exh .295, duration int 204 exh 214, center line int 107 exh 117 LSA112 based on 1.5 RR, ill b using 1.6 RR, headers no cat , bbk underdrive pulleys, summit stage 1 sqare bore with adapter, ultimate TBI mods
    The stock chip will be OK (with the camshaft specs posted) for daily driving, as long as the EGR deleted.

Tuning (correcting fuel and spark tables) with data logs will Optimize the performance and fuel economy.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    I drove a TBI G20 van for nearly 6 months with a stock chip despite having a Mellings MTC1 cam, 14022601 53cc chamber 305 heads, and an Edelbrock performer RPM intake on it. I also had long tubes and full exhaust. I had the fuel pressure bumped to 14 psi and set the timing to about 8° BTDC. Ran and drove just fine on the stock chip after knocking out the minimum air rate screw cover on the throttle body and adjusting the idle to 650 rpm with the IAC forced closed and disconnected (Jumper A to B in the ALDL like you are checking codes, leave the key on for 30 seconds, and with the key on disconnect the IAC connector). I then reconnected the IAC and the ECM was never able to let the idle go under 600 rpm in drive. Ended up later tuning that setup as well as swapping in a F-car LT1 cam and ported 193s.
    So after doing this will I have to reverse the process to tune? How will it affect log data? I understand what you've done and it sounds like that should work to start along with dave w info on EGR disable. I should have the engine in within next 2 days and don't have much choice but to try, is their a specific place I should begin with tuning it. What scarlars flags tables should I be looking at (which are the most important?) Tryin to figure it out, sure Ill have lots more questions. Thanks for all the help

Perhaps some youtube videos for TunerPro RT will help understand the tuning process? https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=TunerPro+RT

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, so the engine has been installed and is running decent with egr disabled, but its running really rich and im not sure what I need to look at to correct it in the tune ….. any help would be appreciated. It is also kinda rough idling, don't know if its related to the rich condition or? and has decent stumble when I try to get on it. HELP

Fuel Injected!
    Also was wondering how to link adx and xdf to view tables and other stuff live.Thanks for any help

Changing the injector flow is a course tune option.
    Increasing injector from (from 61 lbs/hr to 63 lbs/hr) makes everything LEAN, because the PCM thinks the injectors are flowing more than they actually are and reduces injector BASE Pulse Width.

Decreasing the injector flow (from 61 lbs/hr to 59 lbs/hr) makes everything RICH, because the PCM thinks the injectors are flowing less fuel than they actually are and increases injector BASE Pulse Width.

The BEST tool for tuning fuel (RICH or LEAN) is a Wide Band Oxygen Sensor (WBO2)?

dave w

Sorry to jump in on this thread, I'm curious, where do you set the injector flow in the bin file?

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingWithTBI View Post
    Sorry to jump in on this thread, I'm curious, where do you set the injector flow in the bin file?
    Most TBI .bin files 1993 to 1995 have the injector flow parameter in lbs/hr. Most TBI .bin files before 1993 have a Base Pulse Width (BPW) as the injector flow.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I thought I read somewhere that if u disable egr in bin that u will also need to adjust spark? what where and how? What causes hesitation when throttling hard from a stop and is there something in bin file that I can adjust to fix this?

Fuel Injected!
    if I can figure out how to post my latest bin would someone tell me if it looks alright the truck is running better but I am still unsure of what I'm doing and don't want to screw up engine.

Fuel Injected!
    BJLF12.25.18-2 (1).BIN I cant figure out how to post it unless this is it

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by gttagO View Post
    hey everyone, so I have burn2 and an ostrich 2.0 and plan to tune my tbi k1500, but its my daily driver and im completely new to tuning so id like to find somebody to write me a tune for fresh rebuilt 350 tbi so it will get me back and forth to work (all highway) everyday. Thanks n advance lookn forward to learnin how to tune..
    Out of curiosity, besides the burn2 and ostrich...do you have aldl cable to datalog or see real time data? I have not seen any mention of that going through all your post. You can get away with what Fast355 had posted but IMHO since you're dealing with a modified from stock engine, eventually you would want to alter the bin to match the desired tune. ...and yes you can cut and paste spark maps from other bins. Make sure rpms and kpas line up. If it doesn't you can copy over the ones that do and the rest would need to be interpolated. hth

Fuel Injected!
    yes I have a red river cable, do I need to remove the piece on it to log. I think its a resister or ? interpolated?

Fuel Injected!
    Ok. Yes 10k resistor removed for datalog. Were you able to get the Ostrich working as Dave W alluded to? Start here:http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-data-Tutorial!

...and do some more reading here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-quot-FAQ-quot

Interpolating...let's just say if your spark MAP has rpms 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200 (fictitious rpms) and you find one that someone claims this spark MAP works well but only has 400, 800, 1200. The in between rpms you're going to need to interpolate the values and at best guess would be average of surrounding cells. Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 01-27-2019 at 11:14 AM.