Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N need of tbi chip

Fuel Injected!

N need of tbi chip

hey everyone, so I have burn2 and an ostrich 2.0 and plan to tune my tbi k1500, but its my daily driver and im completely new to tuning so id like to find somebody to write me a tune for fresh rebuilt 350 tbi so it will get me back and forth to work (all highway) everyday. Thanks n advance lookn forward to learnin how to tune..

What year is your K1500?

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    94 BJLF

Fuel Injected!
    What would a tuned chip cost me or just the tune emailed?

Post three on this gearhead tread shows how to correctly install the Ostrich 2.0 in the 94 K1500: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...th-Ostrich-2-0

Perhaps you can correctly install the Ostrich 2.0 into the 94 K1500 computer?

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by gttagO View Post
    What would a tuned chip cost me or just the tune emailed?
    The lowest cost / quickest option for a chip is upload the binary or .bin file into the Ostrich 2.0.

The more expensive / slowest option is to have a G1 adapter with custom chip (memcal not included) shipped.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

BJLF attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    I have the adapter, but I need to be able to drive it as soon as I put rebuilt motor in. it has a mild rv cam 1.6 roller tip rckrs summit stage 1 intake ultimate TBI mods, Im looking for a tune for this combination as to where I can drive it while I learn this stuff and continue upgrading

Fuel Injected!
    headers , bbk underdrive pulleys for now plan on vortec heads and bigger cam someday, when I get all this tuning stuff learned

Fuel Injected!
    Ive had the ostrich hooked up and truck running (engine n it is basically stock) but am still learning and cant afford to b without truck for a day

If u can't afford to be with the truck a spare stock computer is a great help.if u run into an issue simply plug the stock unit back in so it can be driven.scrap yard ecm are usually cheap.same with ebay.that way u can mod the one u plan to use with out the risk of having no ride.Dave w is a great help and helps all us newbs get things rolling along with all the other members this site will make it easy to get tuning.it's a lot of reading and rereading to get an idea of what to do.it gets easier as u learn the programs and different terminology used to describe things. Hth
    Jeeper
    87 sjimmy powered by a 92 cadillac 4.9L pfi on 7427pcm /700r4/ 8.8 3.55 rear/disc brakes.

Fuel Injected!
    I know Ill always have the stock memcal and chip to fall back on (got it saved), but with the current mods and no egr will the stock tune even run worth a crap or not? My round trip 5 days a week is 80 miles a day mostly highway. This is y im wanting to buy an upgraded bin so I don't have to worry bout it and can start tuning it from there as I add more upgrades. So does anyone do this?

Set the EGR "ON" minimum temperature to MAX (151c) to disable the EGR. Turn off error code 32 to prevent the Service Engine Soon from coming on for an EGR error. Sometimes a beginning chip programmer thinks turning off error code 32 only is the only programming needed disable the EGR. Some experienced chip programmers will use a "Belt & Suspenders" method to disable the EGR and also set the minimum speed to enable EGR to MAX (255 mph).

If the engine was rebuilt stock and the only engine modification was removing the EGR, the stock chip programmed with the EGR disabled will work.

If there are other engine modifications, please list them in this tread. Modifications like Injector Upgrades, Exhaust Upgrades, and Performance Camshaft.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Block bored .30 over , valve lift int .420 exh .443, cam lift int .280 exh .295, duration int 204 exh 214, center line int 107 exh 117 LSA112 based on 1.5 RR, ill b using 1.6 RR, headers no cat , bbk underdrive pulleys, summit stage 1 sqare bore with adapter, ultimate TBI mods

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by gttagO View Post
    Block bored .30 over , valve lift int .420 exh .443, cam lift int .280 exh .295, duration int 204 exh 214, center line int 107 exh 117 LSA112 based on 1.5 RR, ill b using 1.6 RR, headers no cat , bbk underdrive pulleys, summit stage 1 sqare bore with adapter, ultimate TBI mods
    I drove a TBI G20 van for nearly 6 months with a stock chip despite having a Mellings MTC1 cam, 14022601 53cc chamber 305 heads, and an Edelbrock performer RPM intake on it. I also had long tubes and full exhaust. I had the fuel pressure bumped to 14 psi and set the timing to about 8° BTDC. Ran and drove just fine on the stock chip after knocking out the minimum air rate screw cover on the throttle body and adjusting the idle to 650 rpm with the IAC forced closed and disconnected (Jumper A to B in the ALDL like you are checking codes, leave the key on for 30 seconds, and with the key on disconnect the IAC connector). I then reconnected the IAC and the ECM was never able to let the idle go under 600 rpm in drive. Ended up later tuning that setup as well as swapping in a F-car LT1 cam and ported 193s.
    Last edited by Fast355; 12-10-2018 at 03:50 AM.