So I found out the coolant sensor on top by the thermostat housing is bad via a ohms test. I have a copy of ALLDATA and I then come across a connector image. It shows (#3) the one on top everyone knows about and its called "coolant temperature sensor". the other (#19) is called "Engine coolant Sensor".

I can not find a diagram of BOTH circuits. only the one on top. If there are two I want to verify the other is functioning as well. My gauge in cab has been showing cold for some time. Like I said the sensor on top is in fact bad Ohms are all over the place and the engines runs like crap when not plugged in.

I just came across this exploded connector view a little bit ago and I know there is a sensor there as I just saw it when I was testing today. Its between #1 and #2 cylinder and is a single green wire. Is the single wire sensor (#19) be the gauge unit? and the #3 on top just for the ECM? This is what I am starting to getting out of it. Any light shed on this would be great.

This whole thing started because engine seemed to be running cold a lot lately and mpg is down, found sendor on top bad now wanting to test or replace other unit (if it is that). Going to be doing a new thermostat as as well and checking clutch on fan.

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG