Thread: $0d Manual Transmission rolling idle

Carb and Points!

$0d Manual Transmission rolling idle

Hi all, first time poster (but I've read and searched this forum a lot!).

I've started to tune my LO5 383ci engine. I'm using $0D BJYA, where I set the manual transmission flag and disabled auto tranny codes and ran through setting up timing, IAC (getting ~20 counts at 500 RPM idle, smooth!) and TPS (got it set at 0.55v). I've also disabled EGR (I think... I set the EGR table to max values).

I'm seeing something that others have posted about but I haven't seen a definitive answer on how to fix -- high idle when rolling. Usually after decel and pushing in the clutch while I roll to a stop, it will idle at about 1700-1800 RPM. This continues until after I stop completely. During this time, the IAC count is at the bin's max IAC - 150. After stopping, the IAC counts quickly fall to the above-mentioned 20 counts and desired idle. The high idle is also an issue when in gear -- it happily drives the truck around parking lots at 1500 RPM!

Some posts on this issue refer to Throttle Follower and Throttle Kicker (I don't have the throttle kicker hardware). But they also refer to tables that I don't seem to have in my XDF (Advanced $0D TP5 v251.xdf). It sounds like I need to disable throttle follower or at least minimize its effect, but I'd still like to have some extra idle (not 1700 RPM!) when rolling.

So the question is -- has anybody figured out high rolling idle on $0D with manual transmission, and can summarize the problem and fix? I can provide the bin and a log on request. Cheers!

Fuel Injected!
    Can you compare it to a BJYM bin and see the differences? Most start off with that as a starter bin. Also do you have a VSS hooked up?