Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 95 lt1 injector offset questions

Fuel Injected!
    All the fuel injection companies use 2 types of calibration fluids. For regular production work the Rock Valley Viscor 16A and 16B are regularly used (there are other suppliers as well) for safety reasons. However, the viscosity and density are not the best match to "gasoline" and thus flow ocorrection factors must be used if absolute accuracy is required. For more accurate work, you need an explosion proof test rig and either n-Heptane or Indolene. N-Heptane can be filtered and reused because it is a pure substance. Indolene is your best match to "gasoline" but because it is a blend it can only be used for a single pass and then discarded.
    I found this formula
    One cubic centimeter per minute converted into pound per hour - Gasoline equals = 0.098 lb/hr
    1 cm3/min = 0.098 lb/hr
    or 428*0.098 = 41.944

The correction factor of 16b fluid is not known so you may make a research.
    1.035 scalar is for N-heptan which is not applicable to you, since the injectors are tested with 16B fluid.

is some oscillation in the PW at low load
    If the spread between the cells[on both rpm and map vectors] is not optimal and polished it can result in constant oscillations back and forth.
    The best practice is to keep constant rpm and map 2000 and 40 for example and tune with wideband.
    Very hard to achieve on the road though. If you can access a load dyno you will be done real quick.

Cheers for the help. Much appreciated.

Thanks
    mitch
    '95 Z28 M6 -Just the odd mod.
    '80 350 A3 C3 Corvette - recent addition.

Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    If you can access a load dyno you will be done real quick.
    This is one of the statements in the Banish tuning "how-tos" I've read recently that I took slight issue with. While I completely agree with the science behind the statement, if we all had a water brake or eddy current dyno in our back pocket, well we'd also be farting cotton candy mixed with unicorn feathers. Dyno time is expensive.

The only substitute I can imagine is finding a road with very intense hills and driving it repeatedly in as many different RPM bands as possible with the cruise control set [edit] and hope you don't encounter traffic.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    If the spread between the cells[on both rpm and map vectors] is not optimal and polished it can result in constant oscillations back and forth.
    The best practice is to keep constant rpm and map 2000 and 40 for example and tune with wideband.
    Very hard to achieve on the road though.
    The same can be said about tuning the VE table.

From a controls and numerical methods perspective, once you achieve a converging amount of oscillation variance for changing your VE table, you could then apply the same method to tuning PW vs. Load table until converging amounts of oscillation variance is achieved in the data. this would in theory be the optimal setting
    Last edited by johnny_b; 01-10-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey guys a lot of interesting info in this thread and the seperate EOIT thread. I have learned a lot and got my setup running fairly decent in 2017. Got it a little closer last year. It's pretty good during WOT and cruising but I still think the idle, low RPM surge, and throttle response could use some improvement. Currently running in SD with PE mode enabled at idle. I do have a wideband installed.

I am running modified Bosch III 30-lb injectors from FIConnection. The only data they sent me was offset vs batt voltage.

I think I am just going to start over with the tune in 2019. I would like to accomplish the following things:

1. Fix the VE tables so the are not maxed out on the upper end.
    2. Further stabilze the idle and reduce fuel smell. PE mode did help with this. Wondering if adjusting the EOIT will eventually help with this?
    3. Reduce mild low RPM bucking.
    4. Further improve throttle response.

I figured all of my low RPM and idle issues were because of my cam. Now, after reading about inaccurate injector data and EOIT I am wondering if it could be one of these things?

Would it be worth starting over with the Ford BR3E-EB-B556V injectors since the have published data for them? Thanks for any input!
    1996 Camaro SS #308, M6, 4.10, OBD-I Conv, OBX 1-7/8" Stainless Headers, Custom 3" Stainless Y Pipe, 2OTL
    355-Stock Crank, 6" Forged Rods, Forged Pistons-11.5:1 SCR, LE2 Heads, LE2 Ported Intake,
    LE/Lunati 231/239 110 LSA Cam, Comp Pro Mag 1.6 RRA, Ford LU34 36-lb Injectors, 58mm TB, SD Tune

You never got any other data on the injectors ? I would definitely make sure that you have the correct data put in for them. As for EIOT when I tested it out on eehack it blew my mind on how much it changed my fueling for the common big cam problems mind you I've only tested it at idel because of it being winter here. Now my ve tables needs a major re maping. I have a pretty moded LT1 and so far so good. But have more to do to get it perfect. And I just want to throw a thank you out to Ivan and Steve for all there help and the awesome programs they have made to make life of tuning easier.

Fuel Injected!
    I would. Keep an eye on eBay or local Craigslist for a low mileage set. If you need help translating the injector data to GM LT1 format, send me a PM. Remember you'll need harness adapters (cheap on eBay). And #205 o rings on the bottom to keep them in the fuel rail (I use PTFE).

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroked 388 View Post
    You never got any other data on the injectors ? I would definitely make sure that you have the correct data put in for them. As for EIOT when I tested it out on eehack it blew my mind on how much it changed my fueling for the common big cam problems mind you I've only tested it at idel because of it being winter here. Now my ve tables needs a major re maping. I have a pretty moded LT1 and so far so good. But have more to do to get it perfect. And I just want to throw a thank you out to Ivan and Steve for all there help and the awesome programs they have made to make life of tuning easier.
    Unfortunately no other data. It took mulitple emails to get what I got. Definitely looking forward to seeing what we are able to learn from EIOT when the weather gets better and more people are able to play around with it. Still snowing in IL!

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock9c1 View Post
    I would. Keep an eye on eBay or local Craigslist for a low mileage set. If you need help translating the injector data to GM LT1 format, send me a PM. Remember you'll need harness adapters (cheap on eBay). And #205 o rings on the bottom to keep them in the fuel rail (I use PTFE).
    Thanks saw the info in your other posts. Will probably pick up a set and try them out. Can't remember what I paid for the FIC ones but the Ford ones would be way cheaper and have accurate data for them. Will definitely PM you if I get my hands on a set!
    1996 Camaro SS #308, M6, 4.10, OBD-I Conv, OBX 1-7/8" Stainless Headers, Custom 3" Stainless Y Pipe, 2OTL
    355-Stock Crank, 6" Forged Rods, Forged Pistons-11.5:1 SCR, LE2 Heads, LE2 Ported Intake,
    LE/Lunati 231/239 110 LSA Cam, Comp Pro Mag 1.6 RRA, Ford LU34 36-lb Injectors, 58mm TB, SD Tune

I live in IL. What part of IL. Do you live in

Fuel Injected!
    I live in IL. What part of IL. Do you live in
    I live in Utica, about 1.5 hours SW of Chicago out in the corn fields. What part are you from??

I live in South Beloit north Central part on the boarder of Wisconsin that about a 1 hr 45min from Chicago

Fuel Injected!
    I live in South Beloit north Central part on the boarder of Wisconsin that about a 1 hr 45min from Chicago
    Cool, I'm about an hour straight south of you on I-39. Nice to have someone else in the area that knows a little about this stuff!

Fuel Injected!
    I installed new injectors. I have its specs so I know flow rate and offsets.
    What about Injector offset adder table?
    Should I zero it out or just leave it alone?

As best I can recall, yes - that is / has been the prevailing wisdom on this topic. For the $EE mask (again, as best I can recall) it's believed that this table contains signed integers that are all negative.

Just for a sanity check though, can you verify the address of the table you're talking about pls? I've been swamped at work for the last couple weeks and simply haven't had time to delve into tuning stuff.

Fuel Injected!
    0x129F5