Thread: Question on tuning lt1

Question on tuning lt1

Ok so for this I don't feel my mod list is all that important so simplified big ass cam 355. So I've noticed for some reason my car likes to try to lean out a bit more than it should when pulling fuel. Tables a bit rich I'm still working on it but what would happen if say I moved the blm limit from say 108 to 116 would it force it to run richer by not being able to compensate As far? Or am I off the mark on how this works? Just curious as this thing loves fuel.
    smart enough to feel stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.owl View Post
    Ok so for this I don't feel my mod list is all that important so simplified big ass cam 355. So I've noticed for some reason my car likes to try to lean out a bit more than it should when pulling fuel. Tables a bit rich I'm still working on it but what would happen if say I moved the blm limit from say 108 to 116 would it force it to run richer by not being able to compensate As far? Or am I off the mark on how this works? Just curious as this thing loves fuel.
    Erm No, wrong way

If the PCM has the BLM's within the set limits, then it is adjusting the fueling to stoich.
    At 110 BLM the fueling is rich and PCM is compensating.
    IF you lock it out at 116 the PCM can only pull half the fuel. The car will be rich.
    You need to reduce the VE cell to pull fuel out of the equation.

You installed bigger / different injectors ?

If you are rich all over you could try raising the Injector constant to reduce the overall fueling

Mitch
    '95 Z28 M6 -Just the odd mod.
    '80 350 A3 C3 Corvette - recent addition.

I want it to stay on the richer side. adjusting the target afr won't help in my case because cam overlap and other factors. My ve tables are pretty good now and the issue's I was having have gotten better but locking the blms higher got me exactly what I wanted. Thank you for your reply though. To answer your question yes Aftermarket injectors but they're all set up in the tune. It's pretty heavily modified. I was fighting with getting it to drive on the street but much to my neighborhoods dismay ive worked it out