Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anybody ever used this ??

Not really what I had in mind EagleMark, I will trade it here for a Jim stim

Sorry I had to... JimStim are OK but the adjustments are touchy, hard to get an even sweep on anything, jumpy, have to wire in an EST too. I was wondering if the one Moates has for Hondas would be better? Wish we could get those GM boards built again.

I get way better results with an intake manifold with everything on it, distributor down side of bench with varible speed drill clamped on shaft, vacuum pump for MAP, ECM and harness with relays, CEL, O2 fuel pump and knock sensor mounted to wall, small garden tractor batterey under bench with small charger and Pos and Neg posts on bench. Can test any sensor, ECM, chip etc... ALDL port is over to my desktop PC, but then again I use it to build harness's too.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

That does sound like a ideal setup maybe ditch the lawn and garden battery for pc power supply. Im so limited in garage space. Some day I will get my shop up at our vacation home ;). You think if people keep posting the boards can be made again. I wish I wouldn't of missed out. Maybe I should find his email. I have a kinda rare paper weight for tuner's up for trade. lol

Administrator
    That device was supposed to work with the pocket programmer. You would load the program to it through the burner but I do not know if you could load partial programs or not. And I don't know what the erase protocol was. Part of my problem may have been my pocket programmer. It's an early version and may not have been compatible. There's also a mention by the mfgr on the thirdgen board that there was a hardware problem with one version of the emulator but it had been fixed in software, but the old hardware couldn't run new software and vice versa.

I may have some documentation around somewhere. I may also have some software. I looked in the gmecm archives and it looks like I would have purchased mine around July or August of 2000 so finding all the "stuff" may not happen overnight.

Maybe send a note to transtronics asking for a manual and softwarefor your version.

Thanks Again, I will shoot off a email. I surprised the manufacture couldn't tell me much. But George fixed my pp2 for free and I got my old Pp1 fixed by soldering on 3 .001uf caps. I know this is old school but I still do some uv reprograming and can't justify the pp3
    Last edited by Tunedperformance; 04-14-2012 at 09:56 PM.

GQ-4x is excellent for old UV chips and a bizillion others... I just found another 100 ST 2732a chips new!

-= =-

Thanks eaglemark, I work with 27c128 and 27c256. I think I have I have a dozen or more of the new uv 2732a and alot of the robinson nugget holders.

JimStim works great for me, yes the pots are not of high quality, but I always planned to use different ones anyway, I only installed the original ones just to get it up and running.

I can't see the Honda Stim being any better, and possibly not compatible with the GM ECMs, depending on the triggers it has for DRP/RPM.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Hey Chris, Hope that memcal comes soon to the great white north :) I think I will order a Jim Stim

updated email back from intronics. I think they misunderstood what I have. I emailed them back with a picture of the rom emulator. I can't view the exe file on dialup on a mac so I will look at it in a few days.

There is a readme file that gets installed with the romulator software - see

PKT_ROM1.44

on http://xtronics.com/memory/updates.html

am kinda confused I
    > purchased this for my gm ecm and the board has a 32 pin header do I need
    > a adapter to use it as a 28 pin and what is the size of the rom emulator
    > is 512K ??

Depends on if you have the romulator 1 (256K ) or romulator 2 ( 512K )

I'm thinking you might have a memcal?
    http://syclone.invisibill.net/memcal1.jpg

There are memcal adapters available here:
    http://www.engpwrsys.com/index.php?a...d&productId=60

WTF Kinda answers are these

Not sure how to respond to this? so does the 28 pin ribbon attach to a g1? and what do you program this rom emulator as. I guess the people who sold it don't know either. Just a bogus product?

> Hi karl, now Im really confused I will look at the file. The moates hdr1
    > is for reading a memcal? I am using a memcal and have one of those. But
    > how do you connect a male to a male on the pins? -Brian

?? The mail pins of the memcal adapter plug into the socket on the programmer.

There is a second version that has a socket for the romulator:

http://www.moates.net/documentation....mentation_id=9

>
    > http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...s/IMG_0437.jpg
    >

I read all that and looked at your emulater (paper weight) and it dosen't have any pins so it's female? I don't understand any of it,,,

Now your asking a company for tech support on a product they have not sold since 2000... when I needed tech support on the newest pocket programmer that just came out in 2006ish they could not help with it either.

Their UV eraser has worked flawless and has never needed tech support! Maybe ask them for latest software vesion update for the UV eraser and see what they say?

-= =-

Eaglemark, Its 28 pin male on the ribbon and 32 pin male on the board. So at first he tells me to install it to a hdr1. Two males that's gay !! Then after I explain to him that will not work he tells me to use the g1. ok but does the 32 go onto the g1, or does the 32 go to a programer and I do not see how the 28 pin is indexed. I don't want to let the smoke out of the paper weight. Now I remember why I never fooled with this when I bought it. I think its a 512K but who know's maybe well wishful thinking the .exe will say anything. George at intronics has no people skills I will never call that guy again.

Back then it was probably top of the line emulater. But on what?

-= =-

Administrator
    Mark, it was never a top of the line emulator. It was a $200 emulator when the ones needed for ecm work were selling for $500 to over $1k.

I just found my software. It's actually in the pocket programmer directory. Look at rom.doc for instructions. There are multiple versions of software, one for DOS and one for Win95/98. There are also a couple of setup programs that might have newer versions of the software. win_rom.exe is just a modified version of the pocket programmer software so maybe a newer version of PP software will work in XP?

Whoops! Those install programs are password protected. Not sure if it's faster to try and find the PW or to try and root it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1project2many; 04-16-2012 at 07:47 AM.