Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: amc 304 conversion

Fuel Injected!
    I had thought about life data directly from the car. Which program will work?

TunerPro RT

This video is for the older 1227747 TBI, your TBI is very similar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIXs-CBJXgE

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Is there no program what can read ecu over the diagnostic connector?

Fuel Injected!
    with the moates cables and tuner pro you use it through the aldl port. That might not be what you were asking but to be clear I plug the cable into the port, plug it into the laptop and data log. Then on the computer you make the changes you want, then with same equipment you burn a chip, put it in the ecu and then data log again until you are happy it is right.
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicus View Post
    Is there no program what can read ecu over the diagnostic connector?
    The question has two answers.

1. There is NO Software that can read / write the CHIP over the diagnostic connector.

2. YES, TunerPro RT Software uses the diagnostic connector to data log. TunerPro RT is software that can also be a SCAN TOOL!

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    @ dave w
    ok i understood! Now I have found where to set the com port in tunerpro rt and will try to connect there.
    Next question: which newer ecu can be connected to eehack so I would possibly buy an other used ecu, would eventually be cheaper than buying all the other programming equipment like adapters and programer.Switching to 27SF512 and then working directly on the car.

Next question: which newer ecu can be connected to eehack so I would possibly buy an other used ecu, would eventually be cheaper than buying all the other programming equipment like adapters and programer.Switching to 27SF512 and then working directly on the car.
    eehack is ONLY for the 1994 - 1995 LT1 engine.

The LT1 computer CAN NOT operate a TBI engine.

eehack software CAN NOT be used on a TBI engine computer!

The Ostrich 2.0 is a good option for the 16196395 TBI Computer.

DSCN4240.jpg

http://www.moates.net/ostrich-20-the....html?cPath=64

The Ostrich 2.0 will allow the 16196395 computer to work like a "FLASH" computer. The Ostrich 2.0 is programmed by TunerPro RT. The Ostrich 2.0 does not use Chips. The Ostrich 2.0 Eliminates the Chip in the 16196395 computer. The Ostrich 2.0 can be programmed, even when the TBI engine running! The Ostrich is programmed with a USB Cable.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    understood!
    next question: i'm a bit confused about the masks, is there a thread what explains them?

Masks are similar to Year / Make / Model / Engine / Transmission.

The best Mask / Memcal option for an AMC 304 with a 16196395 computer is listed below. Purchase the Memcal listed below, then get to work programming and tuning the AMC 304 with an Ostrich 2.0.

$OD 4.3 Liter TBI / 5.0 Liter TBI / 5.7 Liter TBI engines using the 4L60E transmission. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-0D

BHMD 94 C-K Truck 5.0TBI 4l60e with 3.73 or 3.42 gears.Bin

Ebay Auction:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Prom-Chip-B...S!-1:rk:2:pf:0

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    @Dave w

"Masks are similar to Year / Make / Model / Engine / Transmission." Do youhave more info about that?

I found V8 mod.jpg somewhere here in the forum and saved the picture. Now I wanted to have a look to it but the picture has only 3 kb and is too small. May you publish it here again or give me the link where it was.Do you have more info about modifying the memcal. I still have the old eeprom BJBB engine runs but cuts off at a certain rpm ( have to connect a rpm-meter)
    mecanicus

Masks are also called definition files: http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm

Masks or definition files are specific to Year / Make / Model / Engine / Transmission / Computer Part Number. Masks or definition files allow TunerPro software to organize binary code (.bin file) into Scalars, Flags, and Tables.

I have not modified a 16196395 V6 Memcal to a 16196395 V8 Memcal. The Memcal also has the knock sensor filter, and limp home function. A good plan would to use an original 16196395 V8 Memcal.

dave w

@Dave w

"Masks are similar to Year / Make / Model / Engine / Transmission." Do youhave more info about that?

I found V8 mod.jpg somewhere here in the forum and saved the picture. Now I wanted to have a look to it but the picture has only 3 kb and is too small. May you publish it here again or give me the link where it was.Do you have more info about modifying the memcal. I still have the old eeprom BJBB engine runs but cuts off at a certain rpm ( have to connect a rpm-meter)
    mecanicus
    Remove the EEPROM and solder in a flash chip to the memcal.
    A Burn2 from moates + cheap adapter will then allow you to read/flash the memcal. TunerPro used to datalog and modify .bin as needed/desired.
    This would be your lowest cost tuning option.

Tony

'88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (aka Babywag)
    '67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the answers. In the meanwhile i ordered a memcal with BPSA.bin, this should be for a 5,7 manual shift 8 cyl engine.It should arive next few days. As well I could manage to get on the PCM with tunerprort. None of the other free programms connected to the pcm. As well I have XGpro 866II Programmer and a spare sst27 eeprom so I can try other bins too.At the moment I'm working on the fueltank to implement the according fuelpunp.I will report when its ready.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Masks are also called definition files: http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm

I have not modified a 16196395 V6 Memcal to a 16196395 V8 Memcal. The Memcal also has the knock sensor filter, and limp home function. A good plan would to use an original 16196395 V8 Memcal.

dave w
    I could find the picture again and I found according thread on pcmhacking. So I tried modifying the memcal. When having the engine run no dtc any longer and i think it was running in limp mode. So I ordered the BPSA memcal!

Fuel Injected!
    Now I have the BPSA memcal und would like to backup it with tunerpro rt but I get error message that checksum authorization is not valid. At an other place I can read that tunerpro will repair checksum if not valid. What can I do. I would have the chance to read the bin with the programmer but therefore i would need the exact type of the eeprom. Who can help?