Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 94 Z71 TBI on vortec build runs richer than a crooked politician!

Maybe the .adx file needs to be configured for WBO2?

Does the WBO2 information show up in the exported .csv file?

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Maybe the .adx file needs to be configured for WBO2?

Does the WBO2 information show up in the exported .csv file?

dave w
    It just shows 10 on WB02 in csv, I did configure the .adx for WB the way that it shows in the screenshot from my previous post? It's been colder here which is making it fall on it's face a lot worse than before when hitting the gas pedal, if I left it on the floor it shows leaner than the WB02 gauge will even read when this happens. I've rechecked the pin to make sure it's getting contact with the PCM and that it's getting correct voltage to it also. I know iI have to be missing something...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jimmie; 11-11-2018 at 06:52 PM.

I can't find anything on here about using WB02 with a 6395 PCM, or about one falling on it's face this bad. Even without the WB in the datalog is there any recommendations as to where I should start to fix this issue? I'm learning but still apparently way behind the curve of most self tuners on here.

Also to do a good datalog I have my EGR off and I have no air pump to worry about but do I need to turn off PE, DFCO and Highway Lean Cruise?? If so how do I go about that? I see several settings for them and I'm afraid to change them not knowing the correct way to disable/enable them? This falling on it's face thing is getting dangerous in traffic. Not trying to over post on here as I know everyone else is just as busy and low on time as I am...
    Last edited by Jimmie; 11-11-2018 at 06:54 PM.

falls on its face

Could someone please take a look at this datalog, the whole way I was pointing out where with any given throttle % and the more the worse it falls on it's face worse than anything I've seen. Look at the end thats in park WOT look how long it takes to even respond. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I swear I'm losing the ability to think as I get older.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I modified my adx file to work with the AEM gauge that you did not get. I don't want to undo my work and I probably have more to do, but it shows some wb o2 movement in the history files. It's not scaled right with your gauge which is expected. With all that abrupt throttle whacking and closing its hard to follow. One very experienced tuner once told me to work on a tune in stages. Get it to idle well and clean, then work on part throttle. Gradually working up the rpm/load tables using steady state readings, not the whackamo stuff to make your tuning choices at first. Only once you have all that done then work on WOT and the transitions to WOT. It sounds like you have almost reached your limits. I think there are a few people in the vendors section you can pay to work on your tune? I think Dave W may be one of them. You need to double check your tools too. Does the reading on the WBo2 read close to what the narrow band is? Not exact, but in general, rich/lean vs stoich wise.

Thanks for the advise donf. My WB02 just started working and I didn't change anything to make it work but I'm just glad its working. I just did another change on the VE idle and off idle tables using the spreadsheets and seemed tjo help a little but like you said this was from the datalog with the throttle whacking going on. I'm about to go out for another datalog, so in doing this should I just do part throttle logging and use spreadsheet to correct first then harder throttle datalog and so on? I can't afford to have someone tune it at the moment or I would defiantly get in line for one of Daves tunes, which may be what happens in the long run if I can't figure this out. Step by step kid style instruction may help my old tired brain get this. I really hate giving up on anything. And yes the WB02 is reading the same in TP as it is on the gauge in the truck now.

That is the method I would use. I do not know how crowded the roads are where you live but very slow throttle movements, trying to stay in one throttle position for a long time helps a lot. Yes I would work on the areas just above idle and gradually move up the rpm and load saving the WOT until most of the work in the lower areas are dialed it. What's with the timing on the dash showing close to 50 degrees at sometimes at low rpm?

Here is the WB02 since it started working

I'm not sure whats up with the timing, wonder if that's contributing to falling on it's face? I'll do another few datalogs and corrections in idle and off idle VE with slow throttle movements, I have little to no traffic where I live so I can drive about any way needed. I was wondering about the timing too, I'll post my current timing tables.

Yes your ontrack now. It will not be long now! The idea is to move the throttle slowly enough to where the cells of that table are in steady state. Not jumping all over the place in transition. If your o2 did not work then did I would check the readings for voltage offsets before going too far. Grounding the wideband to the computer ground terminal is good practice.

I don't see why it's going to 50

Its almost looks like the dashboard reads backwards. It goes from 0 to 50 in reverse when it moves to 50. Like its retarding and not really at 50, but I am guessing? Could be a fault with the way the adx is set up. Someone with more experience in tuner pro should look for you.

I was checking out the timing and it idles at .7 TPS and anything under .8 TPS makes it go to 50 timing, as soon as you barely crack the throttle it go's back to normal. I just did from stop to 70mph at 20% tps datalog and corrected then did 30% from stop to 80mph and will correct that now. It's not filling in near as many history tables as before and on the 20% since it only filled in up to 2000 rpm thats all I changed is to 2000 and left the rest unmodified, on blank cells 2000 and under I filled in numbers close to the surrounding ones. Is this correct?

Yes, quality data over quantity. You can hit other cells by heading to the nearest hills, long uphill and downhill will let you catch some more go up and down a few times with different throttle openings. Some cells you have to average as you will not be able to hit them without a lot of trouble. Some drag the brakes but that can overheat them fast.