Howdy all,
New here, been getting my adrenaline on two wheels for a while now but as time passes I find laying down over the gas tank isn't as comfortable as it used to be. So, traded off the Honda VTR1000F and got myself a 95 Z28. Acquired the car from a friend with a bad head gasket (it ran but poorly of course). The heads had just been redone and after talking with him I believe there was a installation problem with the Cometic gasket(s). It is Aluminum head LT1 383. Already have the head gaskets done and the car up and running. This is my first foray into computer controlled high performance cars. My last car was 25 years ago and was a 67 Chevelle with a 327. Holley carbs and dual point distributors I have worked with, turning wrenches is no problem and I'm hoping to learn some new things. Here's what I'm working with:
LT1 based 383
Reworked LT1 alum heads
Torque Head 24x LS1 computer conversion
forged rotating assy 22 cc dish pistons w/.098 Cometic head gaskets (93 octane pump gas)
Modified Victor Jr intake
48# injectors
95MM Edelbrock throttle body
Vortec 1 running 10 lbs boost
TH400 trans w/3800 stall convertor
Thanks in advance for any tips, help, etc. I'm sure I will need the assistance of knowledgeable LS1/LT1 folks and hope to find it here,
Pointless