Thread: Glad I found this site

Electronic Ignition!

Glad I found this site

hello all, I found this site searching for GM TBI info. I used to be into tuning GM cars and trucks years ago. I had a Proccharger supercharged 85 TPI corvette, and a 1993 GMC Typhoon. Both of which I tuned a bit. The Typhoon ran code $59, I believe I was one of the first people to get it and run it. I had all the cool Moates stuff back then- bin switcher, autoprom, and used TunerPro RT to edit.

Im 48 years old, and I work for the fire dept as a paramedic.

Anyway, I sold off all that stuff and have been messing around with my 2002 Miata 1.8, 6spd, 3.9 torsen (posi) for the last year or two. Its a GREAT car, don't care what anyone thinks- you'd have to drive one!

So last week I bought a 1988 Chevy C1500 5.7 5-speed, std cab short bed fleetside. I thought it would make a fun project/ driver. Its visually rough, but extremely complete and unmolested. It runs great now that I changed the dead pickup coil in the distributor. I paid $850 for it. I then spent at least that much more- bought some 20x 8.5's and 20x10's Riddler 650(?) wheels, dropped spindles, steel to weld up a c-notch and axle flip. Still gotta buy shocks and front springs. Looking for about a 4/6 drop, and still deciding what profile tires to get but they'll likely be 245's and 275's in 35, 40 or 45 sidewalls. I bought some new weatherstripping, a new battery tray, and a few other bits. The truck was light blue, but has since been painted terribly with a dark blue base clear that's worn and chipping. My friend says keep it ratty, IDK. Its super solid though, with no rust and very little damage.

Ive been out of this stuff for so long Im sure Ive got some catching up to do as well as some dumb questions to ask. Glad to see there are still people using this stuff!
    Last edited by sbnova; 09-27-2018 at 03:39 AM.