Quote Originally Posted by Dirtybob View Post
I am talking about following father time up the interstate on ramp and he wants to merge with 80+ mph traffic doing 45.
Hahaha that killed me.

Maybe I'll try bumping up timing leading up to my max. Although it doesn't feel like it needs timing there - torque feels pretty strong until it seems to run out of steam at around 4500.

How many runs do you do to check for knock? Do you make changes between every run? Because I'll increase timing and not have it knock until I get a single count on maybe my fourth WOT pull. It makes me kind of unsure when I can call a certain timing map safe.

Also, unrelated but have you messed with startup enrichment at all? Ever since I came out to the east coast, I've been having problems with it running really rough and surging at part throttle (especially when I first add throttle) until it warms up. Only seems to happen when it's dead cold. I'm wondering if it's related to the humidity, because I don't remember ever having this problem out in CA. Unfortunately I don't have time to hook the wideband back up, but I've been playing with startup enrichment to try to make it better.