Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 85 IROC TPI 1227730 conversion from 1226870

I've never seen, heard or read anyone who has attempted that. I guess anything is possible? But installing the correct knock sensor for memcal knock module is just to easy...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Yes, much easier to install the correct KS.

There is a way to use the external knock filter/module, but requires more MEMCAL modifications, which I don't recall what exactly is needed to be done.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

If it is as easy as that, I can do the install in minutes with parts I allready have because the ESC wiring is already in the car. I can litearlly have the ESC in the car and hooked up to the ECM in less than 5 minutes. I'll let you know if it works.

Your going the wrong/hard way... Memcal knock module with correct sensor is a better route. It also has spark retard by degrees needed that I'm not sure ESC has...

-= =-

I understand what you are saying but this is free to try. If autozone comes through with a AUJP memcal, I will go the preferred method. I am having a problem with the all the *.adx files for the S_AUJP mask. Everyone I try to laod causes tunerpro to lock up in "not responding." Anyone know why?

The MEMCAL modifications are on TGO, but it wasn't simply a jumper IIRC.

You don't need to get an AUJP MEMCAL, just use S_AUJP on a new EPROM.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by zaut View Post
    I understand what you are saying but this is free to try. If autozone comes through with a AUJP memcal, I will go the preferred method. I am having a problem with the all the *.adx files for the S_AUJP mask. Everyone I try to laod causes tunerpro to lock up in "not responding." Anyone know why?
    Close all dashboards, history tables, item lists and monitors.

Is it the JPsGood ADX then open or the origanal is an ADS and need to Import.

-= =-

TGO? Do you mean third gen organization?

I figured out my MAT problem. It was the 8D.XDX file I was using. I found another and the temp read correctly. At least now I know my wiring is correct.
    Last edited by zaut; 04-13-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    glad you got the IAT to show in the adx.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/

If you post the 2 ADX files and let me know which one was correct I can correct the other.

-= =-

The one that is not working correctly is 8D.ADX, the one that does work is 1227730_8d.ADX. I got the 8D.ADX to work by changing the equation with the editor. It is the 8D Frank.ADX file. I think it is correct!
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK so you got done what you needed right? Did you get a wrong ADX from out $8D info thread? If so I want to fix it.

I and others put a lot of effort into having good files, we actually have better and more GM files then TunerPro site... but then Def files are community built so we do our share!

-= =-

Yes, everything is working fine now. I am not sure if I got the 8d.adx file from here or from Tunerpro. I've downloaded so much information since I started this, it's hard to keep track. I am leaning towards saying I got it here.

I am back to tuning the VE% tables. I am getting closer each iteration. It's really fun and interesting. The car is running great! I am really starting to wonder if I even need the knock sensor. I never hear any pinging.
    Last edited by zaut; 04-14-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaut View Post
    Yes, everything is working fine now. I am not sure if I got the 8d.adx file from here or from Tunerpro. I've downloaded so much information since I started this, it's hard to keep track. I am leaning towards saying I got it here.

I am back to tuning the VE% tables. I am getting closer each iteration. It's really fun and interesting. The car is running great! I am really starting to wonder if I even need the knock sensor. I never hear any pinging.

detonation you cant hear is what destroys an engine

How long is the estimated Delivery for the aujp from cardone ?