Hello Everyone on GearHead-EFI

New here but researched tuning GM TBI's a few years ago well maybe more than just a few. Found out about the 1993 TBI truck ECM
on this and some of the other forums. Wanted to convert my truck (1992 s10 excab 4.3 TBI auto) at the time because of the better ECM
compared to what I have however due to lack of time and the learning curve for a newbie never got around to it.
Now that my DD S10 has 200k+ on it the need for an engine rebuild is on the horizon so I have to accept reality...make a plan then execute it.
Have not been totally derelict about this since as I learn about upgrades have expended some effort. The front end has been rebuilt with
energy suspension parts plus the front brakes, steering box, and sway bar from a totaled low mileage 2002 blazer. The Blazer dual caliper brakes
and sway bar are a huge improvement for the effort and are an easy enough bolt on even if you are not rebuilding the front end. Was lucky the
Blazer was a 5-speed and had the 8.6 inch rear end with disc brakes and sway bar so that came home with me also just not installed yet since you
have to shorten the drive shaft but is a planned upgrade. A few other planned upgrades have also came home with me as I discover them here in Florida.
Already have a couple of the 1993 truck ECMs, "big three" alternator and electric fans plus some stuff laying around to add with the rebuilt engine.
Now that I have been so long winded and off topic you can flame me if you want just trying to do a proper intro.
Back to something related to EFI my plan is to rebuild a 4.3 roller cam non balance shaft block, with 2000+ 4.3 Vortec heads maybe the forklift HD ones
if I can find a set with the original HD valves, etc. Keep the TBI using the 2114 intake required for the Vortec heads. Have a set of the SS factory tube exhaust manifolds off a 4.3 Astro van to try for fit, maybe they can be used with some work since I have a mig welder or maybe I have to go aftermarket headers. Feel free to chime in if you have tried them...
Also plan on a cam upgrade which might be the factory CPI, marine or aftermarket since some specs are in my mind from one of my SBC v8 builds years
ago just have to research a little more on cams for ECM control. Plan on keeping the 700r4 but rebuilt with upgrades and 8.6 rear end with 3.42 ratio.
Now for the reason I joined... To make this run like it should the 1993 truck ECM is the most cost effective option. Why so well my current ECM can
be replaced by making an short harness adapter to plug in the 93 truck ECM and get the truck running and start making the needed changes. For
instance 4l60e to 4l60(700r4) then after the rebuilt engine is in EGR deletion due to the 2114 intake and then tune it . Most of this has already been done
and documented on this forum big thanks to all of you for that. Am happy with a 4.3 and don't have any interest in going to a v8 even though people tell
everyone it is cheaper, and will be faster etc. etc. Just planning a rebuild and ending up with a little more power as I seem to have a lack of control with
too much horsepower and would just get in trouble anyways.
Since I am a newbie to tuning and have never done any only have two choices a. learn tuning b. pay someone well three choices c. learn/do what I can
and then pay someone for what I can't sometimes that winds up costing more but you don't learn much that way. Have no problem with that and glad to
see you have a vendor section plus it looks like the forum members are good about helping each other when they can. What I hope to get out of all this
is another 200k+ out of my truck with what ever h.p. all this gets me plus a better running engine due to the '93 ECM and tune. Oh and no truck payments
like most of my friends have.
Any info on tuning my setup sent my way will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
92s10DD