Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1994 F body pcm for 1996 Y body obd II to obd I conversion?

Fuel Injected!
    I zero'd out all the knock retard stuff on my engine. With the roller rockers and headers it was retarding the timing to the max almost any time the pedal was being pushed.

From my understanding, the only way to change when knock is detected is by changing the knock filter. There are claims the knock detection can be tuned, but it's really just tuning how fast it retards timing and how much it retards timing. I didn't see anything for the thresholds of knock or anything like that.

No-one knows what's inside the knock filters and the LT4 filters are stupidly priced these days. I'm sure it could be possible to reverse engineer the filter since it's likely a passive component filter, but I can't be bothered. I tuned it fairly safely and am aggressive with the transmission so it doesn't lug the engine to reduce the chances of actually having knock.

Fuel Injected!
    Sweet I have em tuned out still. What I will say it was cutting out on me before the swap at random places at wot before and still was with the new pcm so I had a look in the tank and it was fubar ,someone must have not liked the P.O. because the tank has crap in it that is not rust. Tank surface is clean but there was a lot of black powdery junk that had to have been put in. I need a new pump and another filter. I changed the injectors and filter when I got is because they were jacked up. Something corroded the filter and it had come apart on the inside. Maybe it’s filter elemaent idk but I need a new pump and to clean the system before I can do anything else.
    Last edited by Lockdun1; 09-20-2018 at 06:10 AM.