Thread: I'm doing my best to learn tuning, I bought the jet dynamic spectrum tuner. 99 chevy

Carb and Points!

I'm doing my best to learn tuning, I bought the jet dynamic spectrum tuner. 99 chevy

I'm starting out doing tuning and have changed my rev limiter and speed shut off so far. Just to change something with this
    Expensive tuner program lol. I have a 99 suburban with a 5.7.
    Jet performance has not got nothing for tech support or classes to take. I'm a mechanic by trade so I know a good bit but not when it comes to tuning. I was told by jet performance that this tuner wouldn't work on my sbc and thanks for doing business. Where do I find some kind of learning material at?

There is the option to upgrade 99 Suburban computer to the 12200411 computer used in the 2002 Express Van with a 5.7.

The 12200411 computer should be supported by Jet Performance?

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    There is the option to upgrade 99 Suburban computer to the 12200411 computer used in the 2002 Express Van with a 5.7.

The 12200411 computer should be supported by Jet Performance?

dave w

My computer is supported, I'm looking to learn more about tuning. The jet works it's just a poor choice lol. I am always looking for ways to learn more, I learn better out the classrooms and on my methods. This gearhead site is also something new to me.

Administrator
    I started as a mechanic and I know the learning curve is steep. Jet / TC is really the only decent software to tune the '99 Suburban. I use TC on mine. The '0411 is reported to be a better computer with a better program but I just keep using the stock one as I don't have time for any extra projects now.

It might be easier if you describe what problem(s) you are trying to solve. If you want to jump into the pool with both feet there are some good resources such as the EFI University products. The "How To Tune and Modify Chevrolet Fuel Injection" is a decent read for the beginning. Greg Banish is an excellent teacher imo and his two books "Engine Management: Advance Tuning" and "Designing and Tuning High-Performance Fuel Injection Systems" both have good information. Although many of the old OBDI discussions can give you basics and descriptions of important functions that are part of OBDII, I think you might find some OBDII related "How to tune" discussions in HPTuners forum, the EFILIve forum, and thridgen.org as well as a number of other sites.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I started as a mechanic and I know the learning curve is steep. Jet / TC is really the only decent software to tune the '99 Suburban. I use TC on mine. The '0411 is reported to be a better computer with a better program but I just keep using the stock one as I don't have time for any extra projects now.

It might be easier if you describe what problem(s) you are trying to solve. If you want to jump into the pool with both feet there are some good resources such as the EFI University products. The "How To Tune and Modify Chevrolet Fuel Injection" is a decent read for the beginning. Greg Banish is an excellent teacher imo and his two books "Engine Management: Advance Tuning" and "Designing and Tuning High-Performance Fuel Injection Systems" both have good information. Although many of the old OBDI discussions can give you basics and descriptions of important functions that are part of OBDII, I think you might find some OBDII related "How to tune" discussions in HPTuners forum, the EFILIve forum, and thridgen.org as well as a number of other sites.

Hey cool thanks that's a start,think the live thread will be a good start. Im going to check out these sites aswell

Carb and Points!
    Not having any problems yet lol just being cautious before jumping in with both feet